grapes….free

• Jimmy Jones

If anyone in the Rochester area is interested in some free grapes, pm me. We have a bumper crop of Frontenac grapes and we can’t use them this year. LOTs of grapes.

munchy
    NULL

I have no use for them and if nobody has a need around here, maybe give Salem Glen, 4 Daughters, or the myriad of other winerys around the state a call and see if they could use them.

I’ve always wondered, how are those type to eat?

FinickyFish

Cant take them but am curious if your making your own wine with them. If not what do you do with them?

deertracker

We also have a major crop this year. Starting the change colors now.
    DT

TH

If I were only closer. That’s a very generous offer.

Jimmy Jones

Cant take them but am curious if your making your own wine with them. If not what do you do with them?

I made wine with them for several years but after all the wine making shops locally went away I quit and haven’t made wine in several years now. I’ve got three cases of wine yet that haven’t been used. I enjoyed making the stuff, just never developed a taste for it.

I’ll give Salem Glenn a call tomorrow.

On a lark I planted hops along a fence between the back yard and the park land. Every year about now we’d harvest the flowers and give them to Kinney Creek Brewery. We’d take in a couple big plastic bags of hops and we’d drink beer free for a couple trips. Like the grapes, the novelty of hops wore off with time. It took three years to finally be rid of the hops. After this fall, the grapes are going the way of the hops.

Brad Dimond

Grapes are doing very well this year. I have Swenson Reds and Bluebells, both U of M varieties. They make great jelly and juice. Grape juice freezes well, may be worth making some juice for breakfast.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.