Governor

• wkw

Did Timmy catch one ? It seems funny they had the Opener on a body of water there the season never closes.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

news said he did catch one

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I hope the opener was a big financial success for the aera. Other than that I care about Walz about as much as he cares about anything other than securing votes.

I’m not a fan and can’t wait until the next guy / gal shows up.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I hope the opener was a big financial success for the aera. Other than that I care about Walz about as much as he cares about anything other than securing votes.

I’m not a fan and can’t wait until the next guy / gal shows up.

peace waytogo nailed it dutchy!!!! as i’m flying the previous state flag!!! whistling

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

He and the lt gov both caught one on Pepin.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Did she use the square hook?? whistling

Riverrat

I wonder if they made sure their guides were using lead free tackle.

Baitwaster
    South metro

…probably on a Dubuque rig – 2 lines on open water.

LabDaddy1

Did she use the square hook?? whistling

I don’t know what this means but I have a feeling it’s funny.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I don’t know what this means but I have a feeling it’s funny.

Google Operation Square Hook for the full story. Basically it was natives netting fish in Northern MN and selling them commercially in WI, but the court case magically went away. And now we are to believe it doesn’t happen. And our Lt Gov pledges her allegiance to the tribe thru her Dad, despite growing up with her mom in St. Louis Park.

jimmysiewert

This bi-partisan event was extremely successful. The businesses and residents all were proud of hosting this event and the PR for the businesses and our entire area was beyond was amazing. The catches by all the guests were absolutely mind -blowing. Many 25″ to 29″ walleyes were caught along with boatloads of eater size of walleye and sauger.

Dan
    Southeast MN

This bi-partisan event was extremely successful. The businesses and residents all were proud of hosting this event and the PR for the businesses and our entire area was beyond was amazing. The catches by all the guests were absolutely mind -blowing. Many 25″ to 29″ walleyes were caught along with boatloads of eater size of walleye and sauger.

From the sounds of it, it also got some eyes on Lake City. This certainly isn’t a “citiot” reference but growing up in southeast Minnesota I guess I’ve known how picturesque that area is my whole life. I’m always surprised when I hear guys on the radio ask if anyone has even been to Lake City and most haven’t, and the one who has will say “it’s beautiful, you gotta go.”

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

^There is nothing to see in SE Minnesota/Western WI near the river. Don’t waste your time unless you like catching carp and waiting for farm equipment on all roads. Wabasha, Lake City, Pepin WI, Stockholm, Maiden Rock area are all dumps. It’s hard to not trip and fall on a needle while hiking… or being attacked by rowdy intoxicated locals on a sunny Sunday afternoon out walking Fido by the Lake. You’ve been warned.

***The Mrs. and I both were from the “driftless” area (never knew eachother) and moved away to go to college, got jobs other places….then met. Once we met and knew we were both from the area just different sides of the river, we knew that’s where we were building a forever place. No arguments needed and we immediately changed our career plans to make it work. The people, recreational activities, public schools, etc. in the Lake City and Wabasha areas are absolutely top notch.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The drive down hwy 35 along the river there all the way down to LaCrosse is stunning, especially in the fall.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Glad to hear your event went well!

And as a central Minnesotan growing up, I never really new about the area until I met my wife from Red Wing. And I agree it’s a beautiful area unlike anywhere else in MN.

CaptainMusky

Ive never seen that area but now want to do a road trip.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Square hook = gill net

Brad Dimond

The drive down hwy 35 along the river there all the way down to LaCrosse is stunning, especially in the fall.

Always a nice drive on 35 or 61, regardless of time of year. Our son complained of never seeing an eagle when he was in grade school. Driving back from Milwaukee at Easter time we took 61 north along Lake Pepin. North of Wabasha we hit the ice line. Saw at least 3 dozen eagles in a mile or so. Kid never complained again. He and his wife now camp down that way.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

bigwerm…..i spent alot of time in red wing during my 13 years of being a union thug! whistling rotflol

the MEYER/ trinity or whatever they call themselves in hagar city nowadays!!!! was 1 of my union shops!!!!

Jimmy Jones

And there seems to be a winery at just about every little burg along the way.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.