Gone to the dark side!

• Sharon
    SE Metro

Their maps suck, their browser sucks, their contacts suck. I also hate how when you go to edit any form of text it highlights or goes to anything BUT what you’re trying to fix.

You don’t have to use the default apps. Many people who switch from Android to iPhone continue to use Google Maps, Chrome, and Google Contacts, rather than Apple Maps, Safari, and Apple Contacts. waytogo With so much being able to be customized on both platforms there’s not as much of a difference as there used to be.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve had an I-phone and Android in my pocket at the same time for the last 16 years (work and personal).

I HATE I-PHONES and never see myself having one as my personal phone.

Their maps suck, their browser sucks, their contacts suck. I also hate how when you go to edit any form of text it highlights or goes to anything BUT what you’re trying to fix.

There’s almost nothing about an I-phone that I prefer over Androids.

Same boat as me. I phone is my work phone. Absolutely hate it. My Samsung is world’s better.

B-man

Sharon, I know it’s all possible, but what’s the point of an I-phone then??

That’s like buying a Ford truck but switching out the transmission, engine and interior with Ram or Chevy parts…

Why not just get the Ram or Chevy to begin with?

I also hate how sending a picture from an iPhone to an Android makes the pictures the iPhone took look like they did it with a potato.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Part of the point is the other features and benefits (FaceTime, AirDrop, Siri), but like I’ve said, overall smartphones are so similar now there’s not as much of a difference as there used to be. I’m used to Google Maps and Google Chrome, so I’m going to keep using those rather than using the default iPhone apps.

Texting photos reduces the resolution so that’s not the best way to swap photos to/from any device. Email is best, but if you have multiple large photos that could take a couple of separate emails. The camera on the newest iPhone is very similar to the newest Android from what I can tell. For those who have Facebook Messenger, sending photos and videos on there doesn’t reduce the resolution like texting can so that’s another option. waytogo

B-man

Here’s a couple pictures from this weekend. Same day, same lighting.

The clear one is from my Google Pixel, the low quality one was sent to my Android from an iPhone.

I know iPhones take pretty good pictures, but they turn out like crap when sent to a non-apple phone.

On the flip side, Android pictures show up beautifully when sent to an iPhone?

(I blurred out my planer boards intentionally because my cell# is on them)

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240903-1549214.jpg

2. Screenshot_20240903-154902.png

Reef W

I know iPhones take pretty good pictures, but they turn out like crap when sent to a non-apple phone.

They send with MMS now and it’s heavily compressed. RCS is the “new” way (for about 8 years) that’s much better. iOS 18 will finally be adding it this fall or whenever it comes out. In the beta you have to manually turn it on, hopefully it’s just on by default in final release.

Reef W

My iPhone updated to 18 today and RCS was on by default. Texted pictures with Android come across about 3x bigger filesize so they aren’t being compressed nearly as much.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.