Gone to the dark side!

• Sharon
    SE Metro

Recent wonderful influences in my life have lead me to now having an iPhone… Gasp! I know, definitely not something I’d ever say! I’m liking it so far, but I lost all my ringtones/sounds for when I get calls, texts, notifications. My old Android would make a Loon sound when I would get a text and I miss that! Any ideas on how to get free ringtones and sounds for iPhones? I looked in the iTunes Store and didn’t see much in there or it’s possible I’m just not doing this right yet. It’s a learning curve for sure! rotflol

Netguy
    Minnetonka

No Sharon, you’ve gone towards the light!!
    I don’t know how to get custom sounds, but there are lot on the iPhone already.

MX1825

Oh no! Is a MacBook next? doah

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

What’s an iPhone?

LabDaddy1

Stop acting like you’re old. Welcome to the dark side.

CaptainMusky

Sharon we cannot be friends! LOL Man most of my family has iPhones and I absolutely HATE Them. I cannot figure out how to use them its ridiculous. Good luck, I hope you are able to find something that works for you on the tones.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

The Belle talked me into the “dark side” a couple years. At first I thought I was going to have mental breakdown.
    I’m happy to say, I made a good decision and it pairs well with my Ram truck.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

That was a great decision Sharon. If you ever need help with a setting or anything, you can ask just about anybody around you because so many people have them. Try to find help with an android and people just look back st you with a blank stare. Unless they’re 20-year-olds, they know them well.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

The Belle talked me into the “dark side” a couple years. At first I thought I was going to have mental breakdown.
    I’m happy to say, I made a good decision and it pairs well with my Ram truck.

doah what else has the Belle talked you into!!!!!!1 devil chased rotflol

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

U dont wanna know wink rotflol

James Almquist

It has been years since I did it last but I feel you need to use Itunes to get the new ring tones into the phone. I have nothing but rock or country cuts for all of my friends and family. If it is not a song, I don’t rush to look at my phone. Can’t remember if I used a 3rd party software to make the ring tones.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

A friend of mine made his own .mp3 files and loaded them into the phone somehow. They were recordings of Morse Code that he could associate with specific callers. That way he would know who was calling. If it was me his phone would send “K0SR” in Morse Code, etc. This worked just fine until Apple would update his phone over night and in the morning it would all be gone. I don’t remember exactly how he did this, but I do remember he hated Apple.

SR

munchy
    NULL

I moved to the dark side last Saturday as well. Not because I’m looking to change but because I broke my 5 year old Samsung S10 real good and I figured I’d take my Wife’s iPhone 14Pro and she can upgrade to the 15Pro. I’m too hard on stuff to justify brand new and I just don’t care what I use anymore. I’ve been frustrated at a few things and this thing is way more awkward to hold than the S10. Can’t stand the keyboard with no numbers and a few other things but I’ll survive. Now we’ll see if this thing can survive the abuse.

At a previous job where I was issued a phone I went through 6 iPhones in 5 years.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I thought you took up golf.

I did actually!! rotflol waytogo mrgreen

Attachments:
    1. 20220724_122321-scaled.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Sharon,
    You do know what Mark Twain said about golf, don’t you?

Jimmy Jones

You’ve lost a couple pounds too! I can see it in your face.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Sharon,
    You do know what Mark Twain said about golf, don’t you?

I don’t think so… do tell!

Sharon
    SE Metro

Success! I figured out how to use iTunes better and found a few of my sounds I was looking for. waytogo

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

It’s all what you get used to. I’ve had nothing BUT iPhones and find them very user friendly. But normally a windows guy and can’t quite get used to a MacBook.

Really like not worrying about viruses spyware and such with Apple products.

I think you’ll like the phone waytogo

Jimmy Jones

When Ma wanted to go from a flip phone to an iPhone, I shuddered. We’re on our third upgrade now and generally things are not bad. I wish Apple made a dumb phone, that’s all I need.

As Lindy has mentioned, it’s real nice not having to worry so much about intrusion from evil sources, but spam calls can still be a headache.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I think you can get used to either iPhone or android. But one thing I do know from the last 20 years of guiding using nearly every phone model ever produced to take fish pictures over the years. Every single time I use an iPhone the pictures are near garbage in low light or even during the day. Nearly every customer has me take the pictures on my Samsung and send them to their iphone. Take it for what it’s worth.

I’ve also had a large number of clients that would not believe this at first but then I would use both phones and compare them for them. They would just shake their head and say I guess you can take them on your Samsung from now on.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Mark Twain used to joke that “golf is a good walk spoiled.”

Jimmy Jones

Mark Twain used to joke that “golf is a good walk spoiled.”

And here I thought he was serious.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Sharon If you google Loon call ringtone iPhone you get many options.

Attachments:
    1. loon.jpg

B-man

I’ve had an I-phone and Android in my pocket at the same time for the last 16 years (work and personal).

I HATE I-PHONES and never see myself having one as my personal phone.

Their maps suck, their browser sucks, their contacts suck. I also hate how when you go to edit any form of text it highlights or goes to anything BUT what you’re trying to fix.

There’s almost nothing about an I-phone that I prefer over Androids.

Reef W

I also hate how when you go to edit any form of text it highlights or goes to anything BUT what you’re trying to fix.

I also have both (S24 and iPhone 15 currently) and text manipulation is horrendous on iPhones. I also hate the face unlock now instead of fingerprint unlock. We’re forced to have obnoxious PINs so I didn’t want to type it and the face unlock is super inconsistent just to be “neat”, fingerprints are far more reliable.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Sharon If you google Loon call ringtone iPhone you get many options.

Thank you!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.