Go Pack Go!

• big_g
    Isle, MN

I think the Packers have themselves a good QB for the future. That said would I take him over the Vikings QB’s. Over a healthy Cousins – No. Over anyone of the other Vikings QB’s – Sure. Then again that’s not saying much.

Give Mullens a full season like Love… remember all the packer fans calling for Loves head earlier ? smash Now he is almost a cheese god already jester

big_g
    Isle, MN

jester jester jester jester jester jester OK that was good !!! rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Let’s just get that field go and get the ball back after half. Go Pack Go!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

What a major botch that was shock

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

There we go! Nice drive!

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Three minutes left, LET’S GO!

Beast

we may not get past the first game, But it’s sure fun to see them get there.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

we may not get past the first game, But it’s sure fun to see them get there.

Damn Right! Love looked amazing this second half of the year and the D has been doing much better too. I think the last Super Bowl we won, we were a wild card team. I’m cheering for the Rams, rather play Detroit.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Rams won so they will play at Detroit. Makes for an interesting storyline with Stafford back at Ford Field.

Good luck at Dallas. They are 8-0 at home this season and a whopping +172 in the point differential. McCarthy versus his old team.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

After many, many years of disappointment, I can finally say with some conviction…. “How ’bout them Cowboys”!!!

Bring on Green Bay

McCarthy has some revenge built up

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The Packers will get rolled in Dallas.

With that said, to take the youngest team in the league (and ever) to the playoffs is pretty impressive. On top of that, they’ve legitimately been throwing to guys off the practice squad and had an above average length injury report compared to most NFL teams.

They also made the playoffs without $30 million in cap space tied up with Bakhtiari the yard ornament. Sprinkle some of that financial breathing room on this young squad, and it’s easy to be optimistic for the future.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I said early in the season I’d rather be in the Packers overall situation (young talent that can grow together) than the Vikings.

I’ll stand by those comments. Sure would be nice if the Vikings could develop a quarterback at some point in my life.

MX1825

The Packers will get rolled in Dallas.

Might be true bucky but it is the playoffs and anything can happen.
    Packers were left for dead and Packer haters were smiling only 4 weeks ago.

GO PACK GO!!!!

dirtywater

Aaron Jones is criminally underrated and historically under-utilized. Finishes the season with 3 straight 20+ carry / 100+ yard games. Only once in his entire career since 2017 did he even have back-to-back 20 carry games. When he has received 20 carries, he only failed to reach 100 rushing yards once, and the team only ever lost one of those games as well. (Those are all regular season numbers only).

These young receivers and tight ends are a lot of fun, and Love has surpassed every expectation—- and the passing game is at its best when 33 is getting touches.

Feed the sombrero! Go pack!

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Aaron Jones is criminally underrated and historically under-utilized. Finishes the season with 3 straight 20+ carry / 100+ yard games…

…the passing game is at its best when 33 is getting touches.

the last 3 games were the Panthers (2-15), Vikings (7-10), and Bears (7-10), so it wasn’t exactly the toughest of sledding. seems a lot less likely that he’ll see big rushing numbers against the Cowboys (12-5) this week.

but your underlying point is dead-on. it’s very obvious that Jones’s return to full health allows the team to be more dynamic in both play-calling and execution.

he took a pay cut prior to the start of this season to stay with the team. reducing from $16M non-guaranteed down to $11M with most of it as an up front signing bonus. if he hadn’t done that and they’d cut him, there’s no chance that they would be in the playoffs right now.

he’s under contract next season for $12M. with that being his age-30 year, i doubt they’ll want to offer him much in terms of years, but based on his play right now i wouldn’t mind if they did another extension this off-season taking him out through 2025.

Sylvanboat

Go Packers and ef the Bears!

Big Bears fan here. Hats off to the Packers and I hope the Bears really clean house. Yesterday’s game was a disaster. The Bears were outplayed in every respect.

dirtywater

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dirtywater wrote:</div>
    Aaron Jones is criminally underrated and historically under-utilized. Finishes the season with 3 straight 20+ carry / 100+ yard games…

…the passing game is at its best when 33 is getting touches.

the last 3 games were the Panthers (2-15), Vikings (7-10), and Bears (7-10), so it wasn’t exactly the toughest of sledding. seems a lot less likely that he’ll see big rushing numbers against the Cowboys (12-5) this week.

but your underlying point is dead-on. it’s very obvious that Jones’s return to full health allows the team to be more dynamic in both play-calling and execution.

he took a pay cut prior to the start of this season to stay with the team. reducing from $16M non-guaranteed down to $11M with most of it as an up front signing bonus. if he hadn’t done that and they’d cut him, there’s no chance that they would be in the playoffs right now.

he’s under contract next season for $12M. with that being his age-30 year, i doubt they’ll want to offer him much in terms of years, but based on his play right now i wouldn’t mind if they did another extension this off-season taking him out through 2025.

The point remains, over the course of his career — not just 3 games against weak opponents— the team has a .900 winning pct when he gets 20 carries. They definitely need to bring him back next year. The guy has extremely low miles for his age, because for 2-3 years Mike McCarthy refused to feature him any more than Jamal Williams, and for several years after that you had rodgers calling an audible out of every run play he could, and even LaFleur giving far too many carries to Dillon at his expense.

I just hope those deceptively young legs stay in Green Bay. He’s worth every penny.

MX1825

MCW
    The last 3 games were weaker opponents BUT Bears defense was ranked #1 in rushing yards allowed per game.

riverbassman

I might be mistaken, but I believe the bears had the #1 defense against the run up to our game yesterday. Maybe change your quote above by dropping the Bears out of it.
    I am thinking the offense will fair pretty well against Dallas, its the Defense that worries me!

B-man

Did you guys hear the Bears have a new owner???

mrgreen mrgreen

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240108-090758.png

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Aaron Jones is criminally underrated and historically under-utilized.

I’ve been saying this for years! Aaron Jones is about as good as it gets in the NFL, he just never sees the volume other top RB’s do. Not sure what happened to the Bears yesterday, but they looked like the week 4 Bears, not the post-trade deadline Bears. Dominating win by the Pack, looking forward to seeing them destroyed by the Cowboys. But then again, no one grabs the thrill of Victory and feeds it to the jaws of defeat quite like Mike McCarthy! rotflol

big_g
    Isle, MN

Drafted Jones and of course he was always hurt, questionable, game day decision. Looks like he got healthy, after I finished 5th in fantasy… doah I predict the Packers win as many playoff games as the Vikings this season.. but they have a chance to prove me wrong I guess ! SKOL ! doah

tim hurley

Hate the Pack but they look good-trending well in Dec./Jan is good. Detroit will tank-IMO

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

the Packers (just like every team) are better when the offense is balanced. in the case of this year under Love vs last year under Rodgers, it’s so clear that they’re balancing run and pass better and even within the passing game it’s being spread around to so many different WRs. they’re much harder to defend as a result.

i grabbed Jones early for both of my fantasy teams too, so absolutely i believed in him coming into this season. it’s stellar to see his impact now that he’s healthy again late in the year paired with a stabilized O-line. i hope they keep him beyond 2024 too, just not too many years at too high of a price – do an extension through 2025 and re-evaluate a year at a time. pay the guy the right amount for what’s he’s doing not for what he’s done. the team needs to spend that money on defense.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

How about how Joe Berry has closed out the season? Get that guy an extension asap, before someone snatches him up! whistling jester

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 576 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.