Go Pack Go!

• Highbeeze24

A conference win on the road is great. It’s all you can ask for. However, how does this defense get 8 sacks on the Titans and in the other four contests, you could swear they traded Rashan Gary and Preston Smith away in the offseason. Can’t stop the run, nothing new here. That has been the past decade for the Packers regardless of who the DC is. It’s the boneheaded inconsistent errors and penalties that keeps them from stomping people out. They put up 29 in a quarter and a half against the Vikes. If they play in sync, they can be deadly on offense but the setback penalties are absolutely killing them. The young team excuse gets pretty old. It took them half of a season to put it together last year. They cannot afford to take that long this year. Not in this division which is shaping up to be a monster with four talented teams.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Credit the pack for sneaking another one out (like the Indy game) against a decimated Rams team, they will need to figure out the defensive issues and offensive inconsistency before the bye. 3-2 now with the Cards (playing better, beat the 9ers yesterday), Texans, @Jags, and Lions coming up before the bye. Realistically need to go into the bye 6-3 at least to stay in the division race.

Tlazer

Credit the pack for sneaking another one out (like the Indy game) against a decimated Rams team, they will need to figure out the defensive issues and offensive inconsistency before the bye. 3-2 now with the Cards (playing better, beat the 9ers yesterday), Texans, @Jags, and Lions coming up before the bye. Realistically need to go into the bye 6-3 at least to stay in the division race.

You could just as easily say the Vikings sneaked out a win over the Jets, but a win is a win no matter how you won, and that goes for both teams. The NFC North is looking like one of the tougher divisions. I would be happy with a 6-3 record for sure with one of the wins over the Lions. The Vikings are off to a great start, but wasn’t it back in 2016 where the Vikings started 5-0 only to wind up 8-8?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Actually they did start 5-0 that year. Then week 6 was a bye. And did finish 8-8. Eerily similar to this season…

CaptainMusky

Thats odd because when I look it says they lost to Philly in the 5th game.

big_g
    Isle, MN

5-0…

Attachments:
    1. 2016.jpg

CaptainMusky

Yeah I didnt find that one, weird anyway.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The NFC North is looking like one of the tougher divisions.

Yeah, 3-0 this weekend with arguably the best team (Lions) on a bye. Going to be a wild home stretch with so many division games back loaded on the schedule. That win on the road in GB is looking bigger by the week!

Tlazer

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tlazer wrote:</div>
    The NFC North is looking like one of the tougher divisions.

Yeah, 3-0 this weekend with arguably the best team (Lions) on a bye. Going to be a wild home stretch with so many division games back loaded on the schedule. That win on the road in GB is looking bigger by the week!

It could easily be just like last year where the Packers lost to both the Vikings & Lions at home but won both games against them on the road. You just never know when it comes to division games, anything can happen and usually does. But the Vikings do hold the upper hand winning the first game.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’m not really sold on the Bears, at least yet. They’re 3-2 but if you look closer, all three wins were at home. And they were against Titans, Rams, and Panthers. Both losses were on the road to the Colts and Texans.

They’ve got a bye after the Jags at home next week. They could be 4-2 but still very unproven heading into week 7.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

So this Sunday the Pack get the Cards at Lambert. It seems to me that the Cards are inconsistent and inconsistent teams almost always play terribly when they play the Packers. It will be interesting to see if the Cards play well or stink up the joint.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Caleb Williams has been improving week by week… I think the test comes after bye week.. commanders, cards, pats, pack and vikes. That’s a tough stretch !

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

So this Sunday the Pack get the Cards at Lambert. It seems to me that the Cards are inconsistent and inconsistent teams almost always play terribly when they play the Packers. It will be interesting to see if the Cards play well or stink up the joint.

So you are saying if the Pack wins it is only because the Cards played like crap?

Bass Pundit

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bass Pundit wrote:</div>

So you are saying if the Pack wins it is only because the Cards played like crap?

No, it solely depends on how the Cards play if they played like crap or not. If Murray is missing open receivers with time to throw or receivers are dropping multiple catchable balls those would be signs that they didn’t bring their A game.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

So far I’d say the Packers remembered they had a game on the schedule today and the Cardinals did not. Arizona is also succumbing to the wet field conditions and they musta forgot to put their cleats with the longer spikes on.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Packer receiver slips and let’s Cards get an interception and points before halftime. Hope it doesn’t swing the momentum too far.

Bass Pundit

The Cards didn’t bring their A-game and things snowballed quickly. 2nd non-competitive victory for the NFC North today. Will Dem Boys put up a fight or not show up like the Jags and Cards?

Ripjiggen

Who would have thought the pack would be 4-2 and in last place in the North.
    Fun season for NFC north fans all around. Divisional games will be huge.
    3 of the 4 teams looked pretty good today.

B-man

Who would have thought the pack would be 4-2 and in last place in the North.
    Fun season for NFC north fans all around. Divisional games will be huge.
    3 of the 4 teams looked pretty good today.

Seems like the north was handed a weird schedule this year. The bulk of their divisional games are late in the season. It will be a sink or swim second half, easy to get ahead, be even easier to fall behind in a hurry.

I saw a stat last night that the NFC north has the best aggregate record for any division after six games in over 20 years. Going to be a roller coaster finish for the North once they start playing each other more!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I saw a stat last night that the NFC north has the best aggregate record for any division after six games in over 20 years. Going to be a roller coaster finish for the North once they start playing each other more!

I saw that too last night. First time any division has had every team with at least 4 wins through 6 games in the history of the league.

Gonna be a slug fest in divisional games for sure

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The division is the best in the NFL this year. Next weeks game between the Vikings and Lions is going to be a big telling factor who for real or not.

Highbeeze24

It was as close to a complete game as we have seen from the Pack this year but they still tried their best to let the Cards back into that game. You get a comfortable lead and the defense decides to crumble like blue cheese at the end of the half. Had that Reed fumble not been overturned it could have been a disaster. The search for a kicker continues. They can’t compete in this division with him. Naturally, the kicker for the Cards was in GB two weeks ago as competition and now he is 5 of 6 with the only miss being a block. After what the kicker position cost the team in the playoffs last year against the Niners, you’d think the team would insist on moving heaven and earth to find a reliable replacement. I guess we can only wait and see.

CaptainMusky

The division is the best in the NFL this year. Next weeks game between the Vikings and Lions is going to be a big telling factor who for real or not.

I think they both are for real. Regardless of who wins the other team is no pushover.

dirtywater

It was as close to a complete game as we have seen from the Pack this year but they still tried their best to let the Cards back into that game. You get a comfortable lead and the defense decides to crumble like blue cheese at the end of the half. Had that Reed fumble not been overturned it could have been a disaster. The search for a kicker continues. They can’t compete in this division with him. Naturally, the kicker for the Cards was in GB two weeks ago as competition and now he is 5 of 6 with the only miss being a block. After what the kicker position cost the team in the playoffs last year against the Niners, you’d think the team would insist on moving heaven and earth to find a reliable replacement. I guess we can only wait and see.

Come on man, enjoy the win. The Cardinals are a professional team with professional players and coaches. They made adjustments at halftime and started exploiting the center of the field and it took our D a minute to adjust. This D is creating turnovers like crazy, it’s fun to watch.

But Brayden’s gotta go.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Combined Point Differential by Division:

1. NFC North +211
    2. AFC West +20
    3. AFC North +15
    4. NFC East +8
    5. NFC South -29
    6. NFC West -47
    7. AFC East -69
    8. AFC South -71

While this obviously indicates the North is the best division, it is by such a wide margin that it also indicates a return to the mean is coming. Packers and Bears have not beaten any good teams yet, so despite dominant wins yesterday I think they both still have to prove how good they really are. Vikes and Lions have to prove they can maintain it, especially in the face of significant injuries. That injury to Hutchinson was brutal in many ways, for example.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

If the Packers are no good, then it looks like the only good team the Vikings beat were the Texans.

CaptainMusky

If the Packers are no good, then it looks like the only good team the Vikings beat were the Texans.

The niners have entered the chat. THey are a good team but down their best player.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

They’re 3-3. We’re not good and we have a 4-2 record.

CaptainMusky

They’re 3-3. We’re not good and we have a 4-2 record.

THeyre also in first place in their division. WHere are you?

Viewing 30 posts - 661 through 690 (of 718 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.