Go Pack Go!

• Ripjiggen

He actually upped his percentage yesterday.

Can someone explain the reasoning behind the 2pt conversion. Was he just that pissed at his kicker. Kept rolling with momentum because strategically it didn’t make much sense at that point.

dirtywater

They didnt have a 10 second runoff the ref even said that he called timeout.

Thanks for the correction Musky.

Justin the replay shows MLF calmly bringing his hands above his head in the TO motion right in front of the ref who ignores him. He’s so close to the ref the video is obscured by the ref’s head. Only after he is ignored by that guy does he run down the sideline and into the field throwing a fit.

ThunderLund78

Can someone explain the reasoning behind the 2pt conversion. Was he just that pissed at his kicker. Kept rolling with momentum because strategically it didn’t make much sense at that point.

I think the idea was they didn’t want the game to rest on him – so going for 2 got them to within 6. A TD would at least tie it up, and if the PAT was missed, they’d at least go to OT. If they would’ve missed the 2, they still need a TD and they have about the same odds getting the 2 to tie as making a kick, anyway.

Tlazer

Was nice to see the reception A Jones got from the Packer coaching and training staff after the game. Nice to see a classy gesture to a class guy who always gave his best to the Pack. You can see he was well thought of, and unfortunately for many players that they are unable to finish their careers with the teams that drafted them. Would have been nice to see Jones and Jacobs in the same backfield.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

He was not signaling a timeout he was throwing a temper tantrum because they were not reviewing the play before. He almost cost them a gimme touchdown, but Love made a nice throw the next play.

[/quote]

The announcers said he was calling a TO and the ref didn’t grant it.

Ripjiggen

Was nice to see the reception A Jones got from the Packer coaching and training staff after the game. Nice to see a classy gesture to a class guy who always gave his best to the Pack. You can see he was well thought of, and unfortunately for many players that they are unable to finish their careers with the teams that drafted them. Would have been nice to see Jones and Jacobs in the same backfield.

Jones and Jacobs in the same backfield was never going to happen. Jacobs is there because Jones left.
    A good back that is even a better teammate and person. If both played the full season I would take jones all day.
    I’m a Vikes fan though, but guessing others that are not would say the same.
    Sounds like he is a good person along with being a good football player. Hard to find these days.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Yeah, I think he thought they have a better chance of making one of 2 point conversions (assuming they scored again) than their kicker would of kicking 2 PAT’s.

I’m not going to go back thru the thread to find the discussion, but thus far Jones has been a far better signing for the Vikes than Jacobs has for GB. Similar rushing stats, and Jones has 16 catches for 143 yards vs Jacobs 7 for 52. For 30% less than Jacobs is getting paid.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Having AJ in purple makes me “happy, happy, happy” grin
    On a scale of 5, he’s a 4, and Mattion who he replaced is a 2. What he adds in leadership, confidence, and team cohesion could elevate AJ to a 5 for the Vikes. His going to the Vikes is a nightmare for Packer nation.

Beast

Having AJ in purple makes me “happy, happy, happy” grin
    On a scale of 5, he’s a 4, and Mattion who he replaced is a 2. What he adds in leadership, confidence, and team cohesion could elevate AJ to a 5 for the Vikes. His going to the Vikes is a nightmare for Packer nation.

Or he could be like Za’Darius Smith and only good for 1/2 the year, miss AJ in green and gold. but he has taken a pounding over the years.

Pitter patter

Pack are a young team, they’ll get better as the season progresses. Happy for AJ, but it was time to move on from him

Bass Pundit

Will the Pack have a hangover from losing to the Vikes? Stafford is wily and the Rams beat the 9ers at home two weeks ago. If I were a Packer fan I’d be concerned.

Bass Pundit

Diva receiver issues. If I were a Packer fan I’d upgrade to condition “Worried” for today’s game.

Tlazer

So I see same season from A Jones. Hurt again, unavailable just like last season. Liked him as a person and player, but can see why the Pack signed Jacobs.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Loved AJ with the Packers. Very good player, teammate, leader in the locker room. Problem was he was in the locker room too much. You need him on the field.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

What a pass!

The one into triple coverage to Reed that the safety overran? Ended well, but I’d bet even Love wanted that back after he threw it.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Kraft is a gem. A TE that can catch AND block. waytogo

Tlazer

McKinney, 5 picks in 5 games.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

That 2 TD’s for Kraft now.
    [/quote]

Yep and he did a lot of work after the catch to get those TD’s.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    What a pass!

The one into triple coverage to Reed that the safety overran? Ended well, but I’d bet even Love wanted that back after he threw it.

well yes it was into triple coverage but it was placed pretty much where only his receiver could catch it so yeah what a pass.

Bass Pundit

Well, the Rams self-destructed in the second half aided by some great defensive play by the Packers. That punch-out was a thing of beauty and turned the game around.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

yea he was lifted one in the Vikings game….no freaking way that was a pick

By the way your pretty quite in the vikes thread devil rotflol

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Glad we held on! Now I gotta get some deer meat ground.

Bass Pundit

I wouldn’t call that winning ugly. More like doing what you got to do stringing along an inferior Opponent. The Vikes won ugly today. I’m shocked the Rams even got close to winning. I thought they were dead when I wrote my last post on this thread.

Tlazer

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tlazer wrote:</div>

yea he was lifted one in the Vikings game….no freaking way that was a pick

By the way your pretty quite in the vikes thread

He was “lifted” one? I’m pretty “quite” on the Viking thread? Not sure what you mean. Everyone could clearly see that was a pick!!! Yeah, I prefer to post on the Go Pack thread where there is intelligent conversation, unlike the Viking thread. moon

LabDaddy1

Anger alert. Lol hey boys, it’s just sports haha jester toast wave rotflol sleeping

dirtywater

Tlazer if you think that mckinney pick against MN was legit I am frankly worried about you. It’s OK to be a fan and to still acknowledge when our team benefited from a bad call.

Yesterday was fine. Defense only allowed 12 pts against a depleted Rams offense which is how it should be. But the lack of pass rush and struggles in run D were a little worrying to me. If Love doesn’t throw that stupid pick 6 the game looks a lot different.

CaptainMusky

I prefer to post on the Go Pack thread where there is intelligent conversation, unlike the Viking thread. moon

The only packer fan that was in the bar I was in yesterday was the most obnoxious and loud person I have ever seen. His wife kicked him out of the house and he graced us with his presence. We told him he better have someone pick him up because he was absolutely hammered.

Viewing 30 posts - 631 through 660 (of 718 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.