Go Pack Go!

• CaptainMusky

That specific INT didn’t affect the outcome of the game much because the Packers punted 3 plays later from their own 6 yd line.

oh, so if the call had gone the other way the Vikings wouldn’t have scored? Get outta here. Huge difference. The Packers killed themselves with turnovers and penalties. I knew it wasn’t going to be a blow out when the vikes went up 28 rip. Be an interesting season to see where things play out

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Tale of two halves. But Vikings got the big road victory in Green Bay waytogo

Joe

Pack is back!
    To 0.500 lol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

oh, so if the call had gone the other way the Vikings wouldn’t have scored? Get outta here. Huge difference. The Packers killed themselves with turnovers and penalties. I knew it wasn’t going to be a blow out when the vikes went up 28 rip. Be an interesting season to see where things play out

No, I didn’t say that.

I said the subsequent series immediately after that would indicate that the incorrect call did not affect the outcome of the game.

I already stated I disagreed with the call. Chill out dude.

Pitter patter

To be behind that big and still almost come back tells me the packers are the better team. Obviously will need a kicker to make kicks but at the end of the season I’m confident the packers will be a contender

CaptainMusky

. Chill out dude.

I don’t need to chill out that was a critical call and whether or not it affected the outcome is irrelevant the Vikings would have at least gotten 3 pts and tables turned it wouldn’t have been close after that

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I don’t need to chill out that was a critical call and whether or not it affected the outcome is irrelevant the Vikings would have at least gotten 3 pts and tables turned it wouldn’t have been close after that
    [/quote]

The Vikings COULD have got 3 or 7 points. You never know. Could have fumbled the next play. There are No guarantees in football.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

To be behind that big and still almost come back tells me the packers are the better team. Obviously will need a kicker to make kicks but at the end of the season I’m confident the packers will be a contender

wins are what matters rotflol

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

My favorite was the dumb pack er coach jumping on the field like a baby and get the flag thrown on him. What a moron. Everything worked out perfect for the vikings. The got a dub and have a bunch of tape to watch and improve upon. The packers are sucking wind and can look forward to the draft.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

My favorite was the dumb pack er coach jumping on the field like a baby and get the flag thrown on him. What a moron. Everything worked out perfect for the vikings. The got a dub and have a bunch of tape to watch and improve upon. The packers are sucking wind and can look forward to the draft.

He was signaling for a timeout but you could not see that because the reefs head was in the way. The flag was picked up.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

He was signaling for a timeout but you could not see that because the reefs head was in the way. The flag was picked up.

Pack had 1st and goal on the 1. The penalty was enforced and moved them back to the 16.

I believe they took a timeout there to avoid a run off of the clock.

-J.

Justin riegel

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crawdaddy wrote:</div>

He was not signaling a timeout he was throwing a temper tantrum because they were not reviewing the play before. He almost cost them a gimme touchdown, but Love made a nice throw the next play.

Highbeeze24

The reality is the Pack got it handed to them. It was great that they were able to make it exciting but the last two turnovers were absolute killers. The pick in the end zone followed by Kraft’s fumble were daggers. The kicker now having 5 missed FG’s through 4 games is absolutely horrendous. We fans were spoiled by Crosby for many years. Valentine and Alexander being out was very apparent in the first half as Minnesota had their way with the secondary. If that pick isn’t dropped in the first drive for MN, it could have been one of those plays that get’s in Darnold’s head. I couldn’t believe the Packers deferred knowing that the Vikings have only trailed for just over 3 minutes on the year. You have to try to jump in front early at home and make them beat you. Well, this league has a way of humbling teams and that was exactly what happened yesterday. On to the next one.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Jaire Alexander missed 10 games last season, and now sat (somewhat out of nowhere) this week too.

There’s something to be said for the relative health/availability of players once they get “paid” in the NFL with contracts that are either all or are mostly all guaranteed. The days of playing through a little pain or hardship are all but gone. It’s just easier to cash checks and be a part of the team on the sidelines.

Hopefully Jaire doesn’t turn into a Bahktiari 2.0. Between missing our 2 best CBs and having a kicker that should be bagging groceries somewhere…it’s hard to believe that blowout didn’t stay in place.

JoeMX1825
    MN

There’s something to be said for the relative health/availability of players once they get “paid” in the NFL with contracts that are either all or are mostly all guaranteed. The days of playing through a little pain or hardship are all but gone. It’s just easier to cash checks and be a part of the team on the sidelines

I agree and see this alot in ALL major pro sports today…its almost like their agents are telling them if slightly injured to sit out a few games to reduce the wear & tear on their bodies to hopefully extend their careers (but from an agent’s perspective, extend their commission paychecks) It’s rare you see players playing in every game of the season anymore..

of course there are some players who are the opposite of this mentality and play hurt and sacrifice everything for their team. I also think you see it alot less in the NHL vs other pro sports leagues…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Jaire sure sits a lot for a guy who’s mouth never stops. One of my favorite sayings is the best Ability is AvailAbility. But that can go both ways, I agreed w/ the announcers and thought Love still looked impacted by his knee injury. I can’t imagine that is going to get better while he’s playing every week, and he’s not good enough to succeed at 85% or whatever he’s at right now. Also, doesn’t help starting out slow and game flow eliminates the run game, which was one of the Packs biggest strengths thus far, albeit subsidized by Malik Willis’ running. Only 86 yards rushing yesterday. Packers need to get right quick, the next 4 weeks (Rams, Cards, Texans and Jags) is the easier part of their remaining schedule.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I will say it was great to see GB hang in there even when down by 28 points. Many other teams would have just shut down. Had that muffed punt at the end of the 1st half not happened I think the outcome may well have been far different than a 2 Pt game. Love having near 400 yards passing even while at less than 100% is impressive. A win is a win. Even a ugly win. As a Vikings fan I’ll take it. Now if they can get the win against Rodgers next week and go into the bye week 5-0 it would be great.

CaptainMusky

Yeah, I thought Love looked the part for sure, but he was definitely limited. Darnold got nicked twice I think the same dang knee too as last week. Cant afford to lose either guy.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Yeah, I thought Love looked the part for sure, but he was definitely limited. Darnold got nicked twice I think the same dang knee too as last week. Cant afford to lose either guy.

Ya, injuries and especially to QB’s. can really effect a teams season Big time. I hope both Darnold and Love can get healthy and stay that way for the whole season.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

He got a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for his team by acting like a baby.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Jaire sure sits a lot for a guy who’s mouth never stops.

Thought the same thing myself. The guy loves to talk and “surely” would have shut down JJ or Addison, but then surprised everyone by not being able to play.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Jaire sure sits a lot for a guy who’s mouth never stops. One of my favorite sayings is the best Ability is AvailAbility. But that can go both ways, I agreed w/ the announcers and thought Love still looked impacted by his knee injury. I can’t imagine that is going to get better while he’s playing every week, and he’s not good enough to succeed at 85% or whatever he’s at right now. Also, doesn’t help starting out slow and game flow eliminates the run game, which was one of the Packs biggest strengths thus far, albeit subsidized by Malik Willis’ running. Only 86 yards rushing yesterday. Packers need to get right quick, the next 4 weeks (Rams, Cards, Texans and Jags) is the easier part of their remaining schedule.

I think they definitely CAN win with him at whatever he’s at, but I’m not sure the risk is worth the reward.

Love isn’t the biggest issue currently (the kicking game, lack of a pass rush, and injuries to top CBs are my biggest concerns). I would have been fine with Love sitting this one out seeing he was a bit hobbled at spots. Even with less than perfect mobility he threw some nice strikes while appearing in full command of the offense and keeping calm despite the deficit. One of his INT’s was ultimately on the receiver, one was a blatant desperation heave, and the other was a bad throw cleary on him.

dirtywater

I don’t think anyone above has the Lafleur tantrum situation accurately described.

Yes, he was asking for a timeout because he wanted to give the refs a chance to review the previous play. The ref didn’t acknowledge him. He then threw a tantrum and came onto the field. And yes he was penalized 15 yards for that; and they also got the 10 second runoff applied due to the timing of the penalty. Matt got bailed out by his offense still scoring. The ref’s job is to be aware of a coach attempting to call a TO and to grant it without delay. Matt’s job is to not act like a baby and cost your team key yards in the red zone. As far as I’m concerned they both failed miserably in that moment.

The refs were bad all day, but it went both ways to my eye. I’m a huge packers fan but that INT by McKinney was clearly not a catch and I don’t see how they can review that and not fix it. They do not seem capable of consistently applying the standard of “irrefutable evidence” when it comes to changing the call that was made on the field. There were catches by GB that were called catches and then overturned. The first one they showed from every angle and there was no clear evidence that he didn’t maintain possession. I actually didn’t think it was a catch, but disagreed that the video proved that. It’s just a guessing game with these guys and sometimes it works out in your favor and sometimes it doesn’t.

CaptainMusky

and they also got the 10 second runoff applied due to the timing of the penalty.

They didnt have a 10 second runoff the ref even said that he called timeout.

Justin riegel

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dirtywater wrote:</div>
    and they also got the 10 second runoff applied due to the timing of the penalty.

They didnt have a 10 second runoff the ref even said that he called timeout.

They used up a timeout to avoid the 10 sec runoff. if you watch the replay he was running on the sidelines and then on the field with his hands in the air but not in a timeout motion.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Love isn’t the biggest issue currently (the kicking game, lack of a pass rush, and injuries to top CBs are my biggest concerns)

Agreed. And I think that speaks to my point, that for him/GB to overcome injuries, kicker, lack of a pass rush etc. they need other parts of the team stepping up and elevating their game. That’s tough to do when you’re not out there at 100% or close to it.

Ripjiggen

Love isn’t the biggest issue currently (the kicking game, lack of a pass rush, and injuries to top CBs are my biggest concerns). I would have been fine with Love sitting this one out seeing he was a bit hobbled at spots. Even with less than perfect mobility he threw some nice strikes while appearing in full command of the offense and keeping calm despite the deficit. One of his INT’s was ultimately on the receiver, one was a blatant desperation heave, and the other was a bad throw cleary on him

You are not worried about his 55 percent completion percentage? Which is the same as Bryce young’s and below Bo nix for 30th in the league.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I recall Jaire Alexander getting suspended for a game last season by the Packers because he went out to midfield for the coin toss when he was not designated to. He thought he should be out there because it was in his home state, which I believe was Carolina.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Love isn’t the biggest issue currently (the kicking game, lack of a pass rush, and injuries to top CBs are my biggest concerns). I would have been fine with Love sitting this one out seeing he was a bit hobbled at spots. Even with less than perfect mobility he threw some nice strikes while appearing in full command of the offense and keeping calm despite the deficit. One of his INT’s was ultimately on the receiver, one was a blatant desperation heave, and the other was a bad throw cleary on him

You are not worried about his 55 percent completion percentage? Which is the same as Bryce young’s and below Bo nix for 30th in the league.

No.

They were completely forced to abandon the run. There was no way that 54 passing attempts were in the perceived gameplan with a QB who had been recovering from injury for 2 weeks. He was forced to pass with no feasible threat to run the ball due to time and the lopsided score. To do what he did against constant 2 deep safety looks and sub packages was more noteworthy than concerning. There were also 3 drops and 2 other reviewed catches overturned that weren’t solely on him.

Viewing 30 posts - 601 through 630 (of 718 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.