Go Pack Go!

• orve4

Went to Training camp it was on of the last few days and Aaron Jones was the only player to come over to the side and sign autographs. Stopped and signed for the kids. He was awesome and engaged with the crowd. Seems like a good dude. Said he was happier in purple then in green. The crowd roared.

KP
    Hudson, WI

seen a lot of players go from green to purple

It’s kind of interesting how the Packers never sign former Viking players. Now I know the Packers dont spend much in free agency but in the last 20 years I cant really think of anyone relevant that went from the Vikes to the Packers.

It still stings seeing Jones in purple because that guy is just a class act and the Packers really screwed him over but its a business.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

;)

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240910_230245_Reddit.jpg

big_g
    Isle, MN

The whole green to purple got me thinking.. yes I researched it. All time, there have been 67 players who played for the pack and the vikes… of those 67, 24 went from the vikes to the pack and 43 went from the pack to the vikes. Interesting… fwiw.. I forgot about half of them but jim mcmahon form the vikes to gb.. who remembers that ??!!

CaptainMusky

I forgot about half of them but jim mcmahon form the vikes to gb.. who remembers that ??!!

He did?

big_g
    Isle, MN

In my scenario they played for both, but may have had teams in between.. like McMahon went from the vikings to arizona, then cleveland, then the pack.

Chicago Bears (1982–1988)
    San Diego Chargers (1989)
    Philadelphia Eagles (1990–1992)
    Minnesota Vikings (1993)
    Arizona Cardinals (1994)
    Cleveland Browns (1995)*
    Green Bay Packers (1995–1996)

BigWerm
    SW Metro

All time, there have been 67 players who played for the pack and the vikes… of those 67, 24 went from the vikes to the pack and 43 went from the pack to the vikes.

Good stuff Big G! Makes sense, “the Packers Way” basically was to not sign any Free Agents prior to Reggie White, and even since then they are not big players in Free Agency. Some people would say that is why they only won 2 SB’s with 30 years of back to back HOF QB play, meanwhile contemporaries like Brady (7), Peyton (2), Eli (2), Big Ben (2), Elway (2), Mahomes (3), Montana (3), and Aikman (3) all have as many or more single handedly. And I’m some people saying that rotflol

dirtywater

Last purple to green I remember was Koren Robinson. There has probably been someone since then though.

In “recent” years I can recall jones, Greg Jennings, Favre, Ryan longwell, Darren sharper.

McMahon got a second Super Bowl ring as favre’s backup.

Tlazer

Good stuff Big G! Makes sense, “the Packers Way” basically was to not sign any Free Agents prior to Reggie White, and even since then they are not big players in Free Agency. Some people would say that is why they only won 2 SB’s with 30 years of back to back HOF QB play, meanwhile contemporaries like Brady (7), Peyton (2), Eli (2), Big Ben (2), Elway (2), Mahomes (3), Montana (3), and Aikman (3) all have as many or more single handedly. And I’m some people saying that rotflol
    [/quote]

Care to tell us how many SB’s the Vikings won during that time span, or better yet how many SB’s the Vikings have EVER won. jester

Tlazer

moon

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1082.jpeg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

You knew someone would get butt hurt when a Vikings fan chimed in on this thread.

Its almost as if Packer fans never showed up barking in the annual Vikings thead…oh wait moon

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Now that’s funny there isn’t one Vikings fan who will watch it in its entirety

Tlazer

Did someone mention Tom Brady?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1087.jpeg

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Now that’s funny there isn’t one Vikings fan who will watch it in its entirety

Well you were wrong about that. I got a good chuckle, lol.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Care to tell us how many SB’s the Vikings won during that time span, or better yet how many SB’s the Vikings have EVER won.

Zero. However, the one time the Vikings had a HOF QB, they made the SB 4 times, which is one less than the Packers have made in their entire history. Which covers 3 HOF QB’s and then the 30 years in between them when they were one of the worst franchises in the league.

dirtywater

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tlazer wrote:</div>
    Care to tell us how many SB’s the Vikings won during that time span, or better yet how many SB’s the Vikings have EVER won.

Zero. However, the one time the Vikings had a HOF QB, they made the SB 4 times, which is one less than the Packers have made in their entire history. Which covers 3 HOF QB’s and then the 30 years in between them when they were one of the worst franchises in the league.

Is this consoling to you? Do you share these numbers with your kids and explain how this makes the Vikings a better organization? “You see, junior, you’re going to hear people talk a lot about the packer way. Don’t listen to that. Going 0-4 in the big game is the mark of a truly great team.”

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Is this consoling to you? Do you share these numbers with your kids and explain how this makes the Vikings a better organization?

No, I just like reminding you Cheeseheads that The Packer Way has severely underperformed when looking at SB wins per HOF QB years. Both in modern NFL and since the start of the SB era, since SB wins and QB development is the default metric/argument for you guys. And I’ll save you some keystrokes, the Vikings are worse in those metrics too.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I love how Viking fans always bring up that all Packer fans do is say how they have won 4 super bowls and the Vikings none. Its funny because if it was the other way around I’d expect Viking fans to brag about it! All fans want their teams to win a super bowl so of course you want to brag about it.

As for the “Packer Way” one team that is kind of doing that and having a ton of success is the Chiefs!

Can we talk about the game this weekend and get some predictions? Man all you Viking fans want to do is talk about the past….

I think its going to be a close one with the Pack edging out the Vikings 27 to 24 and I think it comes down to a last minute drive for a field goal. Now this is where I get crazy and say its Malik Willis leading the way for the Packers. I think the Packers are playing some games with Loves knee.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Hopefully I see the day the Vikings win the SB… after that, so many Packer memes and talk will be useless. I figure I got about 20-25 good years left… hurry up Zigi doah crazy jester

Vikings 31 Packers 20… Jones has a 140 yd 2 TD game !

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I just hope that the Packers don’t rush Love back. It’s a long season. I’d rather end up 2-2 or 3-2 through their first 5 games and get to see Love at home against the Cards in a couple weeks than see him risk anything.

If there’s no elevated risk of injury or reinjury, then have at it this weekend. But to gamble even the slightest bit this early in the season would be crazy.

My crystal ball shows the Packers continuing to play things as close to the vest as possible before ruling him out at the last possible moment on Sunday.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

A Superbowl would be nice someday but the greatest moment that I witnessed in my lifetime was when Favre put on that purple jersey. Cheeseheads were burning #4 jerseys and there were riots in the streets…….what a time to be alive! No one can take that away from me rotflol

Tlazer

A Superbowl would be nice someday but the greatest moment that I witnessed in my lifetime was when Favre put on that purple jersey. Cheeseheads were burning #4 jerseys and there were riots in the streets…….what a time to be alive! No one can take that away from me rotflol

All I can say is WOW. Your greatest moment was watching Favre (who was at the end of his career and was traded away so the Packers could transition to their next HOF QB) put on a Vikings jersey? You probably have a better chance to see a unicorn before you will ever see the Vikings win a SB. All kidding aside, hope it is a good game, and the officiating doesn’t determine the outcome of the game either way. Have been seeing way too many blown calls this year with many taking points off the board. Think home field plays a big part in both contests.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I was up in door county when #4 signed and put on purple. I was in a bar and the Bartender ask me what I wanted. I said “I’ll take a number 4 in purple”
    He turned his back and wouldn’t serve me. rotflol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’m only here to be a jackass as a Vikings fan in a Packers thread.

Apparently some of you that are butt hurt don’t remember constantly chiming into the Vikings thread every season. It’s a two way street. You know who you are so don’t pretend like this is something new.

dirtywater

I don’t really see anyone butthurt, isn’t this just friendly banter? I’m happy to have a little to and fro. I stay out of the Vikings thread for the most part but I’m happy to have you guys here.

The Favre thing worked out pretty well for us packers fans. To see him break Purple Hearts with an idiotic throw the same way he’d done to us too many times was pretty pretty pretty juicy.

big_g
    Isle, MN

No way to sugarcoat Favre having his best year ever in Purple… think of all those wasted years in GB. doah Actually, about 10 years ago in here…the Vikings vs Packer threads were brutal. chased This is friendly banter comparatively. whistling waytogo

dirtywater

his “best season ever” jester stats are nice, the record was nice. none of that means much when you flush it all down the toilet trying to be a hero. I bet brett has a different opinion of what his best season ever was.

Viewing 30 posts - 541 through 570 (of 576 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.