Go Pack Go!

• Dan
    Southeast MN

Thought it looked bad but then he was walking on his own on the sideline in the final seconds. No one knows at the moment. Heard today that Mccarthy felt fine after his game and the knee issue kicked in the next day.

haleysgold
    SE MN

I just watched a few replays of Love when his knee was injured.
    You can obviously see it “pop”.

Guess an MRI will prove it but it sure looks like he’s done for the season. Complete MCL or ACL tear.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Not a Packers fan but don’t want to see any good QB get hurt. The game is much better with them in. Hope he’s OK.

CaptainMusky

Not a Packers fan but don’t want to see any good QB get hurt. The game is much better with them in. Hope he’s OK.

Agreed.

Johnny

Easy to watch free on the web.

Reddit nfl streams

What sub Reddit are you using? Looks like nfl streams has been banned from Reddit. Looking for links to watch games like last night

Ripjiggen

Guess an MRI will prove it but it sure looks like he’s done for the season. Complete MCL or ACL tear.

Did you stay at a holiday inn last night?

CaptainMusky

Sounds like his ACL is intact. Could be other issues though.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I don’t know what I enjoy more these days? Fudge packers losing or the purple winning? Either way Love so faked that injury to stop the clock at the end. Maybe I’m wrong and he has a bad injury but that looked so bad

This has to be the dumbest take I’ve read in quite a while.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>
    I don’t know what I enjoy more these days? Fudge packers losing or the purple winning? Either way Love so faked that injury to stop the clock at the end. Maybe I’m wrong and he has a bad injury but that looked so bad

This has to be the dumbest take I’ve read in quite a while.

Agreed of course I want the Packers to lose but I don’t ever want key players to get hurt and he certainly didn’t fake it.

Bassn Dan

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crawdaddy wrote:</div>
    Easy to watch free on the web.

Reddit nfl streams

What sub Reddit are you using? Looks like nfl streams has been banned from Reddit. Looking for links to watch games like last night

The “free”/pirated nfl streams are full of malware and hackers. The pirates put stolen content out there for no charge to lure people in so they can infect their devices with ransomware and to hack their accounts. It’s like hanging out in a bad neighborhood late at night – you might get away with doing it for a while, but sooner or later bad things happen…

critter 1

Breaking news MCL injury will miss time but not season ending

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The timetable for the knee injury is approximately 3-6 weeks.

CaptainMusky

At least it’s not long term but hopefully he gets healthy even though I hate the Packers. Don’t ever want key players to get hurt. Makes it no fun.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

he faked it….he will be back next week

eyeguy507
    SE MN

The “free”/pirated nfl streams are full of malware and hackers. The pirates put stolen content out there for no charge to lure people in so they can infect their devices with ransomware and to hack their accounts. It’s like hanging out in a bad neighborhood late at night – you might get away with doing it for a while, but sooner or later bad things happen…
    [/quote]

fake news

get an ad blocker and VPN and they work great. i actually have NFL plus but could not get that to work right and i paid for it so had to watch the pirated streams. Peacock is great and is only like $5 for all sunday night games and others along with a pile of great shows on demand

haleysgold
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>haleysgold wrote:</div>

Did you stay at a holiday inn last night?

Why do you care?
    I do believe I said I watched the replays.
    Free even. Duh.

dirtywater

Eyeguy step away from the pipe jester

Bassn Dan

fake news

get an ad blocker and VPN and they work great. i actually have NFL plus but could not get that to work right and i paid for it so had to watch the pirated streams. Peacock is great and is only like $5 for all sunday night games and others along with a pile of great shows on demand
    [/quote]

Staying away from the pirate streamed nfl sites was my opinion before and October’s Consumer Reports also warned to stay away from them. The pirates that are capable of stealing content from the nfl are more than capable of bypassing ad blockers and vpn’s – there are also some vpn’s produced by hackers so be careful what vpn you use… Bottom line – connecting to sites for stolen content is not a good idea.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Eyeguy step away from the pipe jester

man its way too easy to get all you cheeseheads going these days hah

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

After watching KC and Baltimore.Then Green Bay and Phillie . Like night and day . I can see why KC is reigning champs . Think Green Bay will be lucky to make it to the playoffs unless the Magic Man Majkowski comes back .LOL

BigWerm
    SW Metro

So just checking here, but the “Packer Way” and all the front office love in GB doesn’t have much to say about not having a backup QB coming into the season?!? Clifford was all preseason and then trading a 7th for Malik Willis before he was cut was the plan? Yikes. ??? shock

The next 3-6 weeks is the easiest part of the schedule, and they will be lucky to win any of them with Willis at the helm. Going to find out quick how well that Josh Jacobs signing pays off.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A couple of names circulating the interwebs as a short term option are Ryan Tennehill and Bailey Zappe.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Or Josh Dobbs devil jester rotflol

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Meh,

Most teams realize that IF it comes to a backup QB playing a significant portion of your season, the hopes and dreams for making a Championship caliber run are an extreme longshot. The starting quarterback on an NFL roster is without a doubt the biggest key/factor in any team’s success regardless of sport.

As a cheesehead, I’ve got no issues with how the Packers handled their backup QB position. Spend the cap on roster weaknesses and “gamble” a bit on the health of your young qb in a league with more and more rules to protect that position. That philosophy maybe is flawed when the unlikely happens, but I’ll take the Packers organizational/financial situation over a majority of others’ in the league looking forward.

It could be real ugly for a while and the Packers may be forced to look into next season…but that’s the way the cookie crumbled and injuries aren’t fair, predictable, or planned. Or maybe they salvage 1-2 games without Love and can still make a go of the season?

CaptainMusky

Yeah injuries to key players stink and really affect the season. Vikings know full well about that from last year.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Most teams realize that IF it comes to a backup QB playing a significant portion of your season, the hopes and dreams for making a Championship caliber run are an extreme longshot. The starting quarterback on an NFL roster is without a doubt the biggest key/factor in any team’s success regardless of sport.

I very much agree. I mostly could not care less who the Vikings backup QB is and I really don’t think it’s worth paying them much at all because that money can be used for players that will contribute every day. Of course there are Nick Foles and Case Keenum examples but they’re not that common and are cases of backups playing at a level no one would have expected.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

I very much agree. I mostly could not care less who the Vikings backup QB is and I really don’t think it’s worth paying them much at all because that money can be used for players that will contribute every day. Of course there are Nick Foles and Case Keenum examples but they’re not that common and are cases of backups playing at a level no one would have expected.

Foles and Brady are the only examples I can think of where a backup came in and won multiple games to put his team into championship contention and then continued in that role carrying them to a championship. Kudos to them for having that situation in place – but it will never be the norm of how team’s organize their rosters.

Hopefully Love gets healthy and the season can be salvaged. If not, I don’t fault the strategy with building the roster. Having the best, most highest paid clipboard holders has rarely proven to be a championship winning strategy in the hard capped NFL.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

cases of backups playing at a level no one would have expected.

The GOAT became the GOAT after this very situation occurred. Drew Bledsoe was the man at one point before Tom Brady got his chance.

Jordan Love just a few weeks ago became the richest player in NFL history, he blows his knee, will miss 4-6 weeeks, and its just meh? with someone named Malik Willis set to replace him. Prototypical NFL QB backups are usually older, veteran players that are generally past their prime but capable of filling in a game or two. Not someone who has never played a full NFL game before named Malik Willis.

Think I’d be a little more worried about this situation than just “meh.” But that’s just me. Maybe that’s why Green Bay is reaching out to someone like Tannehill or Zappe.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dan wrote:</div>
    cases of backups playing at a level no one would have expected.

The GOAT became the GOAT after this very situation occurred. Drew Bledsoe was the man at one point before Tom Brady got his chance.

Jordan Love just a few weeks ago because the richest player in NFL history, he blows his knee, will miss 4-6 weeeks, and its just “meh? with someone named Malik Willis set to replace him.

Think I’d be a little more worried about this situation than just “meh.” But that’s just me.

Building a roster with contingencies that cover for your best, most highest paid players getting hurt and somehow magically having one of the best backups to replace them is not always feasible. If you do make that a priority, you are taking cap $ from starting positions.

I’m not one to sweat the uncontrollable. Love’s injury is what it is. I hope he bounces back and is solid.

CaptainMusky

Foles is THE only example I can think of where a backup came in and won multiple games to put his team into championship contention and then continued in that role carrying them to a championship.

How could you forget about Brady?

Viewing 30 posts - 451 through 480 (of 506 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.