Go Pack Go!

• Tlazer

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    2024 NFL QB Cap Hits:

He signed an extension, so his 2024 # is off of his previous contract. And his cap hit in 2027 is $42M and 2028 is $72M, which I assume you left out since it will likely be reworked by then. But with $160M guaranteed he is the QB for the next 3 years guaranteed, and if he has some level of success they will need to redo his deal again prior to 2027 as they cannot have the 2028 $72M Cap hit happen, but don’t think that he won’t get that money too. Personally I think cap hit is not a good thing to judge it off of, as it will likely change depending on his play or their overall cap situation, with them moving money up or back, just as anyone on your list to compare too has done.

It is complicated the whole cap hit vs total contract money/salary then add in the guaranteed money with the dead/void cap years. Love has three void years (2029, 2030 & 2031) for total of $34.5M. When you look at the contract that Love signed, then look at the cap hits per year and how he compares to other QB’s in the league, it doesn’t look to be a bad contract IMO as long as he plays like a top 10 QB. As far as the $72M cap hit in 2028 might still be an average to slightly above average contract when you factor in how much contracts are going up, when you look at Goff or Jackson’s 2026 cap hit numbers.

MX1825

How much does a 30 second commerical cost for the Super Bowl? That all goes right to the NFL.
    [/quote]

I don’t think the Super Bowl commercial $$$ go to the NFL. The network pays to televise the game but sells the commercial ad minutes to companies to make $$$. That was always my understanding but maybe I’m wrong.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Could be. I was just tying to make a point about how much more they make from TV stuff compared to selling hats.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

It is complicated the whole cap hit vs total contract money/salary then add in the guaranteed money with the dead/void cap years. Love has three void years (2029, 2030 & 2031) for total of $34.5M. When you look at the contract that Love signed, then look at the cap hits per year and how he compares to other QB’s in the league, it doesn’t look to be a bad contract IMO as long as he plays like a top 10 QB. As far as the $72M cap hit in 2028 might still be an average to slightly above average contract when you factor in how much contracts are going up, when you look at Goff or Jackson’s 2026 cap hit numbers.

Cap hits are 3 card monty, it barely matters as the guaranteed money is getting paid one way or another. They are definitely paying him 4 years $173m (total guaranteed money amount from his current deal and the big extension), if he performs decently he will play 3-4 years on the $55M/per deal, and they will resign him for a much bigger deal. But those caphits are not the metric to use, which should be obvious since it’s a $55M/year contract with $20-something million a year cap hits, he’s not sacrificing that money, they are just playing with the numbers (aka kicking the can down the road).

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Didn’t really crash the Eagles.

are you talking about Wentz?
    he was on his rookie 4-year contract when he got hurt in 2017 which was only $26M over 4 years. even with his injury they like him enough to cut Foles and re-sign him in $2019. he famously underperformed after that.

Those numbers make me wanna barf.

because you’d rather that more of the revenue the NFL and the teams generate goes to the owners? right now it’s roughly a 50/50 split, with the player’s share being divided (unevenly) amongst the players and the other half covering staff and then mostly going to. the. owner.
    if a business makes a lot of money, the people owning and working at that business get a lot of money. if people wanted to watch me do my work on TV i’d probably get paid more too.

Ripjiggen

are you talking about Wentz?
    he was on his rookie 4-year contract when he got hurt in 2017 which was only $26M over 4 years. even with his injury they like him enough to cut Foles and re-sign him in $2019. he famously underperformed after that

Well until your scenario actually happens then I don’t think teams are going to worry about it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Pretty quiet in here Cheesers, what do you think for the coming season? Tough game out of the gate with the Eagles.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Too bad its exclusively only on peacock, which I do not have.

They put the Miami-KC playoff game on that last January too. flame

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It’s on NBC. If you don’t have it, get an atenna.

Wrong game. We’re talking about the Packers-Eagles game here. Not the Ravens-Chiefs. I get NBC for that one.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Eagles are current 2 point favorites with the over/under at 49 points.

I don’t see a good angle for betting and am predicting a close Eagles win.

I’ll go Eagles 27, Packers 24.

Starting the season with a game in Brazil is beyond stupid.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I need more coffee Gim! jester

Early in the season I think the Under is the play, and would give a slight edge to the Eagles with a more veteran team and better defense.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I was reading about the game in Brazil earlier. Apparently Sao Paulo where the stadium is very sketchy and has a very high crime rate. Nick Sirianni has instructed his players NOT to leave the hotel under any circumstances because he’s worried about player safety. Several Eagle players have also stated that they specifically instructed their families not to come to Brazil for the game too, for fear of personal safety.

JEREMY
    BP

They shouldnt be playing there then.

KP
    Hudson, WI

It so dumb they are playing the game there but the NFL keeps pushing for it to become a world wide game. I read that the Packers also informed their players to not leave the hotel and explore. If something happened to a play this would end them playing over there very quickly.

As for the game I think it will be a close one and going with the Packers 24 to 17. Might be the homer in me going with the Packers but I think the defense will be significantly better.

Side note for Fantasy Football I think Barkley is going to have a hell of a year now that hes out of New York.

B-man

Fu#k Peacock

I live only 2.5 miles from Wisconsin but it won’t be on local bunny ears either.

I’ll try to listen to it on the radio, but I’m not giving in to the new method of “exclusive” streaming games on a single app that requires a subscription.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I feel ya B-man but I’m one of those idiots that will be using using all the subscriptions to watch the games this year. Its funny how subscription apps use to be cheaper way to watch and now with all of them its getting really expensive to watch the games.

Last year I did a YouTube TV trail just to watch some of the games and now they wont let me do a trial anymore.

JEREMY
    BP

I cant even watch the gophers embarrass themselves this weekend cause its also on peacock. I have it but picture always seems to suck so wont bother.

Karry Kyllo

I feel ya B-man but I’m one of those idiots that will be using using all the subscriptions to watch the games this year. Its funny how subscription apps use to be cheaper way to watch and now with all of them its getting really expensive to watch the games.

Last year I did a YouTube TV trail just to watch some of the games and now they wont let me do a trial anymore.

If you want to watch them play you’ve got to pay. There are ways to do it so that it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It so dumb they are playing the game there but the NFL keeps pushing for it to become a world wide game. I read that the Packers also informed their players to not leave the hotel and explore. If something happened to a play this would end them playing over there very quickly.

As for the game I think it will be a close one and going with the Packers 24 to 17. Might be the homer in me going with the Packers but I think the defense will be significantly better.

Side note for Fantasy Football I think Barkley is going to have a hell of a year now that hes out of New York.

I too think their defense will be better, but I expect their offense to take some time to get rolling (much like last season) with very few actual live plays with the first team offense happening in preseason.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I think the Packers season will hinge on how effective the ground game and Josh Jacobs is, especially now with AJ Dillon out. Jordan Love seems serviceable to good, but him and a deep but not very high ceiling WR corps will not take them very far without some significant balance.

I may be missing something on defense, but their additions are primarily rookies and Xavier McKinney who replaces Darnell Savage. And the new DC has a lot to prove imo.

MX1825

I enjoy watching the Packers and some of the other good games but I will listen on the radio before I pay a streaming fee. flame
    Only thing my son is a die hard LIONS fan and hooked me up with Peacock piggyback on his subscription.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I think the Packers season will hinge on how effective the ground game and Josh Jacobs is, especially now with AJ Dillon out. Jordan Love seems serviceable to good, but him and a deep but not very high ceiling WR corps will not take them very far without some significant balance.

I may be missing something on defense, but their additions are primarily rookies and Xavier McKinney who replaces Darnell Savage. And the new DC has a lot to prove imo.

The Packers have never been a team built on their “additions.” They’ve been a draft value and develop franchise for a long time. They had the youngest defense in football last year, and the young guys have a year/more years of NFL football under their belts. I look for guys like Van Ness, Walker, to be more impactful. If this DC is even average, they already are upgrading substantially as a unit.

It’s an incredibly tough matchup to take on a balanced offense with big play makers everywhere on Week 1 in Brazil of all places, but I think this young Packers team will stick with them.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m not sure São Paulo is prepared for an invasion of Philly trash tho either!

Jimmy Jones

I don’t think Philly’s trash can one-up Sao Paulo’s trash.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JEREMY wrote:</div>

Haha. Philly trash will just blend right in there huh

Bassn Dan

Looking forward to the Packers “Season Opener” aka Week 2.

I will not be extorted by the nfl’s billionaire team owners to watch subscription streamed games.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Easy to watch free on the web.

Reddit nfl streams

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I don’t know what I enjoy more these days? Fudge packers losing or the purple winning? Either way Love so faked that injury to stop the clock at the end. Maybe I’m wrong and he has a bad injury but that looked so bad

Ripjiggen

Um the clock stopped when the RB ran out of bounds.

Viewing 30 posts - 421 through 450 (of 506 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.