Glaze recipes

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I will be smoking some ribs today and thinking about applying a glaze. I normally dont but I think I might switch things up. Found this recipe online

Soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, honey, jalepeno.

Sounds good to me so I think I’ll give it a try. Anyone else have any good glaze recipes?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I dont have any recipes but that sounds good.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Add a little white corn syrup to this. The corn syrup helps bind everything and keeps it from getting running.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Decided against doing a glaze this time. Ribs turned out great though. About 4 hours on the Weber kettle at 250

Attachments:
    1. 20190609_143159.jpg

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Removed the rib tips and smoked them separately. They turned out fantastic

Attachments:
    1. 20190609_182353.jpg

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I did a couple pork tenderloins tonight on the grill using a rub and they turned out great. Very tender and moist. I also did a couple pounds of fresh asparagus on the grill tonight to go with the tenderloins. That too was super good. No asparagus left over and only a 6″ piece of tenderloin remains for lunch tomorrow.

The ribs look awesome crappie. Ma and I found some baby backs for $.99/pd a week ago so I bought heavily. I do them on the grill until they are about 75% done, then cover with foil in a baking pan and slide them in the oven at 250 degrees a couple ours to finish and they fall off the bones.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I did a couple pork tenderloins tonight on the grill using a rub and they turned out great. Very tender and moist. I also did a couple pounds of fresh asparagus on the grill tonight to go with the tenderloins. That too was super good. No asparagus left over and only a 6″ piece of tenderloin remains for lunch tomorrow.

The ribs look awesome crappie. Ma and I found some baby backs for $.99/pd a week ago so I bought heavily. I do them on the grill until they are about 75% done, then cover with foil in a baking pan and slide them in the oven at 250 degrees a couple ours to finish and they fall off the bones.

I love grilled asparagus. I’ve finished ribs in the oven before too. Very easy to control the cook that way after you’ve put a bit of smoke on it

Regularpaul

You might wanna check out Vermont maple pig candy ribs on amazingribs.com. He calls it porknography and I’m inclined to agree with him. The website has pretty much become my bible for all things meat related.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

For chicken thighs. Honey, Sriracha, fresh lime juice and fresh ground pepper

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

For chicken thighs. Honey, Sriracha, fresh lime juice and fresh ground pepper

Thanks! I love making chicken thighs. I’ll be giving this a try

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

This is my wife’s favorite. If you like lemon pepper chicken you have to try this.

Lemon-Brined Pepper Chicken
    Ingredients
    o 1/2 quarts water
    o 3/4 cup kosher salt
    o 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 4 lemons)
    o 2 tablespoons Frank’s RedHot or other hot sauce
    o 1, 3-5lb chicken
    o 1 lemon
    o 1 onion
    o 1 apple
    o 2 garlic cloves
    o Salt & Pepper
    o Paprika
    o Olive Oil
    o 4 bay leafs?

Directions
    1. In a pot large enough to hold chicken, combine the water, salt, lemon juice and whole lemon, hot sauce, and pepper and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the salt. Let cool to room temperature.
    2. Loosen the skin of the chicken. Put chicken in, cover, and Refrigerate overnight. Make sure to submerge chicken in brine.
    3. Chop the lemon, onion, apple and garlic cloves. Throw them in a bowl and mix together with salt, pepper and olive oil. Set aside.
    4. Take your chicken out of the brine and rinse with cool water. Set on a tray. Now take the mixture you just made and stuff it inside the chicken.
    5. Rub olive oil all over your bird. This will help give it a nice golden brown color. Then sprinkle salt and pepper all over, and a light dusting of paprika for color.
    6. Cook at 250, and depending on the weight, your chicken will cook for 3 – 5 hours. You want an internal temperature in the leg of 170. If the bird is bigger or your heat is lower, it will take longer to reach this temperature.
    7. Let the chicken rest for at least 20 minutes before pulling apart or slicing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.