Get out and vote!

• wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

It doesn’t matter which canidates or party you prefer.
    Just get out and vote !

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Or, if you aren’t informed, stay home. Be responsible! I prefer people don’t do it as an exercise just so that they can say they voted.

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

@DaveB – if they aren’t informed they probably don’t know there’s voting taking place today. lol )

Sharon
    SE Metro

Voting is important, but no decision is better than an uninformed decision.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

FYI none of the candidates responded to my emailed questions on their AIS stance.

Attachments:
    1. nose.jpg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I just voted. I vote for the races I am familiar with and leave all others blank. Makes no sense just guessing. It’s not a test. You do not have to fill in the whole ballet.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

IN MINNESOTA

Time Off Work for Employees to Vote
    For certain elections, employers are required by law to allow time off for employees to vote (Minnesota Statues 204C.04 and 204C.08 Subd.1d).

Employees can provide a copy of this letter to their employer (PDF), which explains the right to time off.

Employers must provide time off to vote in the following elections:

Regularly scheduled state primary or general election.
    An election to fill a vacancy in the office of United State senator or United States representative.
    An election to fill a vacancy in the office of state senator or state representative.
    Employers may choose to provide paid time off for voting in other elections as well. Encouraging employees to vote is an excellent way to promote civic engagement and our democracy.

Employees can take time off for the time necessary to vote without a reduction in pay.

Employees cannot be required to use personal leave or vacation time for the time off necessary to vote.

Employers cannot instruct employees of when during work hours employees are excused to go and vote.

Employers may request that employees provide notification as to when they will be gone and request that employees coordinate their absences so as to minimize adverse impact on the workplace.

A violation of this statute is a misdemeanor. Any complaints should be filed with the county attorney.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

2014 Minnesota Statutes

Resources
    Search Minnesota Statutes
    About Minnesota Statutes
    2014 Statutes New, Amended or Repealed
    2014 Statutes Topics (Index)
    Chapter 204C
    Table of Sections
    Full Chapter Text
    Section 204C.04
    Version List
    Recent History
    2010 Subd. 1 Amended 2010 c 201 s 34
    2000 Subd. 2 Amended 2000 c 260 s 27
    1995 Subd. 2 Amended 1995 c 20 s 1
    204C.04 EMPLOYEES; TIME OFF TO VOTE.
    Subdivision 1.Right to be absent. Every employee who is eligible to vote in an election has the right to be absent from work for the time necessary to appear at the employee’s polling place, cast a ballot, and return to work on the day of that election, without penalty or deduction from salary or wages because of the absence. An employer or other person may not directly or indirectly refuse, abridge, or interfere with this right or any other election right of an employee.
    §Subd. 2.Elections covered. For purposes of this section, “election” means a regularly scheduled state primary or general election, an election to fill a vacancy in the office of United States senator or United States representative, or an election to fill a vacancy in the office of state senator or state representative.
    Subd. 3.Penalty. A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor, and the county attorney shall prosecute the violation.
    History: 1981 c 29 art 5 s 4; 1988 c 578 art 1 s 3; 1991 c 245 s 1; 1995 c 20 s 1; 2000 c 260 s 27; 2010 c 201 s 34
    Copyright © 2014 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Would you like me to vote even if I believe EVERY national office is bought and paid for?

Don’t believe everything you learned in civics class years ago.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Would you like me to vote even if I believe EVERY national office is bought and paid for?

I cant argue that but maybe we can try to choose the lesser of two evils?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Lesser of two evils?

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

I believe it is my duty to become informed and to all that gave there life and limbs for that right!
    Let’s see those ” I VOTED ” stickers! Thanks Brian.

Attachments:
    1. image3.jpg

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

THIS EXACTLY WHAT THOSE ENTITIES THAT RILE YOU SO MUCH, WANT.

SO BY NOT VOTING,IT IS ONE LESS VOTE THE OTHER PARTY CAN TALLY, THEY WIN!

GET OUT AND VOTE!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sorry I abstained this year. Just too much of a hassle with everything going on.

I just realized Jon Stewart and I do have something in common.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Captain Jack Sparrow is counting on your vote in District 4! Let’s hope they count some of those votes from the ghost ships.

Attachments:
    1. B1nNyAkIYAApcSF.png

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.