Get it (ammo) while the gettin’s good.

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve been in some outdoor stores and checking online and to all the hunters and shooters out there, all I can say is get your ammo now

Store stock is better than I’ve seen it in 5 years. Both brick and online retail stores are well stocked from what I’ve seen. Both hunting and target ammo seems widely available. I’ve been in Fleet, Joes, and Walmart in the past week. Stocks are good.

Prices are what they are. We aren’t going see $15 a box center-fire hunting rounds or $5 target shot shell loads again.

Don’t wait would be my advice. As we all know, an ammo panic starts without warning. If you need it, get it now.

Brittman

Most ammo has been available online through out the past 4 – 5 years.

Pricing in store this year has been nicely competitive with online pricing (including freight).

Occasionally you need to keep searching for a specific brand and type.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I haven’t had and issues finding ammo for at least 2 years for bulk target ammo both rifles and pistols. Certain specific ammo has been tough and still is from my searches. But a guy can’t have enough ammo in my opinion. I like to buy in bulk and it’s paid off through the last pandemics. Definitely stock up on sales which I’ve been seeing alot lately.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

For deer hunting a few boxes of bullets should last you 15 years.

Reef W

For deer hunting a few boxes of bullets should last you 15 years.

One box will probably be 20 years for me at this rate. 1 per year to check it’s still sighted in and no deer lol

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Of course, if you don’t shoot very much or shoot something very common, than ammo availability is only a problem during the depths of the ammo panics. I’m just pointing out that now is NOT one of those times so now is the time to buy it if you need it.

Ammo and reloading components are now basically a constant problem for me. Reloading components don’t follow the same panic cycle as ammo so some components are still hard to get.

Also, Team Grouse just polished off the 25th case of trap loads since January. And the 2nd summer league hasn’t even started. FYI, if you watch Abel Ammo, they have free shipping sales occasionally. Very nice for volume purchases although I do feel a little sorry for the delivery guy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.