Garmin STRIKER Plus 5CV Ice Fishing Bundle With GT8HW-IF Transducer

• Rick Pen

Does anyone have any experience with this unit, and what else would it be compared to that may be better in the $350.00 price range?
    Thanks
    Rick

Dash Adams

I’ve been looking at this unit as well. Alot of bang for the buck. Probably the biggest negative is I don’t believe you can use map chips with it. Also it comes with the GT8 ducer. The bigger Garmin models have the GT10 which is supposedly better.

As per your question – IT would compare with the Humminbird Helix 5 Chirp G2.
    That model has no GPS of anykind. The Garmin has built in GPS and you can make your own maps.

I’D LOVE TO HEAR WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT THE GARMIN 5CV. I OWN A FL8. WANT TO ADD A 2D UNIT TO MY ARESENAL BUT THIS GUY IS BALLING ON A BUDGET. HARD TO SPEND 500-700 BUCKS ON SOME OF THE HIGHER END MODELS.

AnotherFisherman

I have the Garmin Echomap Plus 63 Ice Bundle I got last year for way less $$ that it currently sells for. Wonder why. Anyway, it has the GT8 ducer and I love it.

The Garmin units are very impressive! Very underrated. So much bang for your buck.

The 2D display showing the history is awesome. OP, you will not be disappointed going with the Garmin. The Striker looks like a similar model to mine.

11bluenose

I just got one of the 5cv and picked up an ice transducer for it, the 8hw-if. Should have good ice here in a couple weeks. I’ll let you know how it goes. Costco here was clearing out 5cv’s about a month ago for half the price they normally go for. Excited to give it a try.

Rick Pen

I have the Garmin Echomap Plus 63 Ice Bundle I got last year for way less $$ that it currently sells for. Wonder why. Anyway, it has the GT8 ducer and I love it.

The Garmin units are very impressive! Very underrated. So much bang for your buck.

The 2D display showing the history is awesome. OP, you will not be disappointed going with the Garmin. The Striker looks like a similar model to mine.

Think that model has been discontinued like my 93sv + when they went to the UHD models.

BackwaterICE

I’ve been looking at this unit as well. Alot of bang for the buck. Probably the biggest negative is I don’t believe you can use map chips with it. Also it comes with the GT8 ducer. The bigger Garmin models have the GT10 which is supposedly better.

As per your question – IT would compare with the Humminbird Helix 5 Chirp G2.
    That model has no GPS of anykind. The Garmin has built in GPS and you can make your own maps.

I’D LOVE TO HEAR WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT THE GARMIN 5CV. I OWN A FL8. WANT TO ADD A 2D UNIT TO MY ARESENAL BUT THIS GUY IS BALLING ON A BUDGET. HARD TO SPEND 500-700 BUCKS ON SOME OF THE HIGHER END MODELS.

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/hum411180-1-humminbird-ice-helix-5-chirp-g2.html 355.41 for the helix 5 ice no gps – it is about $50 cheaper to build your own kit by adding a genz box, trophy angler bag, and 1521 transducer and you can still have an open water setup using the skimmer. Add $100 for gps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.