Garmin shuttle mount on Lund Sport Track

• acarroline

After taking the Garmin Livescope plunge I am in the process of completing the build out and am looking for some insight.

I have 106sv and 93UHD2 head units, GLS10 and LVS34, brew city boat pole on a cisco mount to the sport track. Last weekend was the first boat use and it was a game-changer. Two issues were: (1) I need to run the network cable and power cable from the helm area to the front of the boat, not have them handing over the windshield. Easy enough, just wanted to make sure things worked as planned and they did, allowing us to share the livescope picture on both screens and effectively jig fish while seeing both of our lures. (2) Securing the main head unit/gls10/lvs34/battery (shuttle) on the boat. I did this by sitting it in the seat behind the driver seats but it was a bit awkward. I have a new Lund Crossover and having it unsecured on the gunnel wasn’t something I was comfortable with doing.

My question is if anyone has used a plate-sport track mount to secure the shuttle on the gunnel. I’m looking at the possibility of a cisco sport track mount, to a Larmac 360 for rotation, to a plate, to a locking shuttle. I’ve seen this done with Arc Lab and HD Innovations seems to be nearing the release of more products and I’m hoping this is a possibility (really like their shuttle and ice pole). I could lay down 3 feet of track and just go track to Larmac 360 to Shuttle, but am not eager to drill into the new boat if I don’t need to and a sport track mount would allow for more boat movement without laying track every where.

Thoughts?

JoeMX1825
    MN

I know its not what you want to do, but I just don’t trust those gunnel mounts with a 28+ lbs box sitting ontop of it held in place with some small brackets…if it fails, your $3,000 setup goes over and sinks to the bottom of the lake…

I just keep the shuttle sitting on the bow carpet, not ideal, but there’s no worries of it somehow going over…

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’m with Joe on this one…I haven’t seen the setup you’re talking about.

My rear jump seat is a perfect spot for the shuttle to sit and for me to see it easily.

If you put this system together post some pics.

Tlazer

Not sure if this would help you, but this is what I have done with my Livescope setup. I only have the 93 UHD, but I purchased an additional power cord, network cable and 93UHD mount. This allow me to do a minimal changeover from winter on a shuttle to the boat in the summer. My boat is an Alumacraft Competitor and I have the 93UHD mounted on the dash, the GL 10 is mounted under the console (used bolts long enough so I can keep the screws tight enough not to turn and use a nylock nut to secure the GLS 10 to the console) and I run the LVS32 cable through the gunnel coming out just behind the throttle. This allows me to lock the pole and LVS32 in a lockable compartment. At switchover all I have to do is to switchover the GLS10 and the LVS32, all the other power cables and network cables stay on the boat or the shuttle. It’s a little hassle but not bad.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.