Garmin Panoptix mount for the fast mooving boat 20 knt.+

Hello dear reader.
    I am addressing this topic to someone who has faced the problem or had idea about Panoptix forward transducer, but the max boat speed for the sonar of 20 Knt. was an issue, and for the someone who has a boat of 20 feet and more
    I wanted to have mentioned sonar a lot, but could not install due to speed limitations for the sonar construction and retractable mounts were, and probably still are not available.
    I worked on some sketch for some time and developed the idea, represented on the attached pictures, to use gas spring to function as a fuse against water pressure at high speeds (30 Knt. at cruise, 40 Knt. max) and have sonar submerged at a speed under 10 Knt. Gas spring is stainless steel 1.403 grade and can be better if I order, spring load is adjustable before delivery and even a small tool can be delivered with the spring to relief the overpressure, if needed, just by yourself.
    The pictures represents transom mount of forward Garmin Panoptix transducer. Fully extended gas spring forms required 45 degree angle, facing the travel direction and should not move from the water pressure all the way to 8 knt. Speed.
    Your experience and comments are welcome. This construction will be installed and tested next week.

thanks

Attachments:
    1. 20160622_141301_resized.jpg

2. 20160622_141255_resized.jpg

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.