Garmin New PS 22 ice bundle …interesting

• acarroline

Garmin releases a new PS 22 Ice FIshing Bundle for FFS yesterday. At first glance I like how compact it is, not needing to lug a pole around, lighter. The youtube vids make the screen look a little distorted, which may be due to it being 7 inch but I’d hope it could be clearer. I also wonder what needs to be done to use it on a boat in open water?

I’ve been looking at getting a Garmin FFS for ice and boat and planned to do so this fall. This will be an interesting consideration.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I just posted about it in the Garmin section, it’s a complete waste of money for old Atari 2600 technology repackaged without a transducer pole…my god it comes with a 7ah lead acid battery…

BUT

it does introduce the new “Lens” accessory which I find very interesting and wonder if this idea will migrate over to the LVS32/34 transducers?

acarroline

I just posted about it in the Garmin section, it’s a complete waste of money for old Atari 2600 technology repackaged without a transducer pole…my god it comes with a 7ah lead acid battery…

BUT

it does introduce the new “Lens” accessory which I find very interesting and wonder if this idea will migrate over to the LVS32/34 transducers?

Make sense, thanks. If a person could get the LS32/34 without the transducer pole now that would be slick. Probably next year, maybe I hold off…

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

BUT

Make sense, thanks. If a person could get the LS32/34 without the transducer pole now that would be slick. Probably next year, maybe I hold off…

The Garmin pole has always sucked, you can buy the transducer without it if you wanted to…the top of the hole cable steering solution being used for the new PS-22IF looks silly and would be difficult to keep steady on the ice imo.. just get a short Summit pole

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Not very interesting. I wouldn’t even consider it. Build your self a pole for a 1/4 the cost of what these places sell them for and you’ll be golden. The home made poles are interesting, and pretty awesome. The over priced ones are a joke. Highway robbery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.