Garmin Livescope Build

• Joe S

I have been doing some research on Garmin Livescopes, and have decided to buy one specifically for ice fishing. I thought about buying one of the assembled “kits” that have everything you need from somewhere like scheels, but I think for a similar amount of money I can piece together my own higher quality setup.

Here’s what I know for sure I will need to buy:

1. Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv ($700)
    2. Livescope Transducer System (with GLS 10 black box) (Either $1200 or $1700)
    -Either LVS32 or LVS34
    -Any opinions on this? Is the LVS34 really worth the extra $500? Or will the LVS32 still work just fine?
    3.Summit CNC Machined HD Shuttle ($219)
    -I like this shuttle over others because it seems more durable, and better cable management.
    4. Summit Garmin Transducer Pole & Ice Mount Combo ($116)
    -From what I’ve read seems to be much better than stock pole/mount
    5. Dakota Lithium 12V 18AH Battery ($179)
    -Really like the battery I have in my current Humminbird
    6. Some type of summit shuttle bag and transducer cover (tbd)

So that’s all of the stuff I’m pretty set on getting (with feedback of course) Here’s what I think I need for cables but I need to confirm:

1. Garmin Marine Network Adapter Cable; Part Number: 010-12531-10 ($30)
    2. Garmin Lithium Ion 4 in 1 Power Cable; Part Number: 010-13140-11 ($55)

So the total comes out to $2500 for the LVS32 option, and $3000 for the LVS34 option. (Plus transducer cover and bag which I will figure out later)

So to sum my main questions up: anything else you think I need? LVS32 vs LVS34? Any other cables I need?

I know this ran long, but I appreciate the help.

-Joe

usmarine0352

ARC Lab Shuttle and Pole are the best out there. A little more expensive but well worth it.

3D printed ones like Summit have been known to get brittle in the cold and break causing the screen to fall and crack.

Chad Buechler with Masterbait & Tackle in Centerville can hook you up. He did mine and set up all of the wiring for a fair price too.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230112-213413_Facebook-scaled.jpg

JoeMX1825
    MN

Go look in the Garmin section under Toys for Big Boys, its been discussed at length for years…

Joe S

Thanks for the info –

I had not heard about the summits cracking. I like the way those ARCs look as well.

Do you have the LVS32 or 34 in your unit?

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

I bought everything new in Oct and im roughly 3100 all in (after discounts). This is with the 34, summit shuttle, bag, pole and an 18aph lithium battery. I did get the open water transducer for the 93sv so I think it was 1100 at scheels. So, yes your 3-3100 is accurate if you can find just the bare 93sv. Note: There was a 10% off deal going when I bought it so that saved me about 300 when I bought the 93sv and the livescope transducer/black box

Joe S

“I bought everything new in Oct and im roughly 3100 all in (after discounts). This is with the 34, summit shuttle, bag, pole and an 18aph lithium battery. I did get the open water transducer for the 93sv so I think it was 1100 at scheels. So, yes your 3-3100 is accurate if you can find just the bare 93sv. Note: There was a 10% off deal going when I bought it so that saved me about 300 when I bought the 93sv and the livescope transducer/black box”

I will definitely be keeping an eye on all of the items and buying when there’s deals if I can. How do you like your summit shuttle? Have you had any problems with cracking/durability?

Also how difficult was it to assemble the pieces/parts/cables once you had them all? I’m not a super technical guy so just trying to gauge if it’s something I can do or just pay someone to assemble it for me…

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

I havent had any problems with it. I also dont just throw it in my sled and bomb down the ice. I would think you would have to be pretty careless with it to break it.

Its pretty easy. I just watched a video online. I would highly suggest buying the $50 garmin piece that ties all the wires together. I forgot to include that in my price above

Aboxy17

I went the panoptix route because I did not want to drop all the cash. I might upgrade at some point but I am perfectly happy. Any route you choose to take or any brand you want to go with you will end up spending about 3 grand. Anyone got one of those Lowrance explorer packs? Those things look huge.

ekruger01

ARC Lab Shuttle and Pole are the best out there. A little more expensive but well worth it.

3D printed ones like Summit have been known to get brittle in the cold and break causing the screen to fall and crack.

Chad Buechler with Masterbait & Tackle in Centerville can hook you up. He did mine and set up all of the wiring for a fair price too.

The new Summit shuttle is CNC Machined HDPE (Cutting Board Material, Runners for ice shacks etc) They do not make the 3d printed one anymore.

usmarine0352

Thanks for the info –

I had not heard about the summits cracking. I like the way those ARCs look as well.

Do you have the LVS32 or 34 in your unit?

I’d get a 34 if I could.

Red Reno

I just did what you are going to do and saved some money. Mostly because I already had a head unit of 93SV. I found a used 32 Transducer online and bought that and then got a new black box from Garmin and will be into everything way less than buying the full package, but did get lucky with Garmin having most of the parts in and available. The only thing I can see you “missing” and you may be referring to this already but you need a Network cable (from the black box to the back of the head unit) and also that adapter that goes on that cord to the back of the unit. Not sure if that is what you were referring to or were like me and forgot those 2 pieces. FWIW I do have a 32 transducer, brand new black box and all of the cords up for sale for $900 if interested. Just need to hook to the battery and the head unit.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The GLS10 already comes with a network cable, it’s 20’ long so the other option is to buy the 2’ long one to save on the mess of cables behind your screen and cut some weight, same for the All in One power cable…

Again, all of this has been discussed at length already in the IDO Garmin forum page…

Joe S

Thanks for more information

Here’s my updated plan:

2. Livescope Transducer System with GLS 10 black box ($1700)
    5.Amped Outdoors 20 AH or 32AH Lithium Battery ($159 vs $259)
    6. Summit Bag Large ($65)
    7.Summit Pole Holders ($20)

*May or May not get the shorter network adapter cable and power cord, I think the weight difference won’t be worth the extra cost for me, as other versions come with the LVS34/head unit

*Did decide as of right now to go with summit shuttle over ARC since they are cheaper and updated in durability

So the total comes out to $3079 before tax assuming I go with the nicer battery. About what I expected. I will be buying when I see deals of course.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Thanks for more information

Here’s my updated plan:

2. Livescope Transducer System with GLS 10 black box ($1700)
    5.Amped Outdoors 20 AH or 32AH Lithium Battery ($159 vs $259)
    6. Summit Bag Large ($65)
    7.Summit Pole Holders ($20)

*May or May not get the shorter network adapter cable and power cord, I think the weight difference won’t be worth the extra cost for me, as other versions come with the LVS34/head unit

*Did decide as of right now to go with summit shuttle over ARC since they are cheaper and updated in durability

So the total comes out to $3079 before tax assuming I go with the nicer battery. About what I expected. I will be buying when I see deals of course.

Personally, for your first Livescope I’d go the used route, you’ll save a ton of money and there’s a ton of lightly used UHD93’s out there because so many guys upgraded to the 106 over the holiday sales…You can probably find a lightly used LVS32 and GLS10 for around $800 with more and more LVS34 upgraders, if going with a UHD93 then the Amped 20AH battery is more than enough. The new shuttles are nice, but there’s nothing wrong with the Garmin XL bag and shuttle, I’d say they provide more protection than the other shuttles because you keep it in the bag all the time…The Summit pole is great, you only need the heavy duty poles if you plan on trolling over 4mph in the summer.

All of this is broken down in the Garmin Electronics section.

Joe S

Yeah, I thought about going the used route, but I don’t think I will because I have fished a Livescope with a buddy that has one, so I know I will like it and am also a serious enough fisherman to buy one. I’d rather just “do it up right” the first time, so I don’t have to go back and upgrade later.

Thanks for the info on the battery as well.

usmarine0352

I have a larger Amp battery, not sure what size but it’s been great for 2 years.

Tlazer

I have seen the lvs32 used units for sale as cheap as $250 online. I have the lvs32 so not sure how much better the lvs34 is or what the cost of a new one is. I have the Amped 14.4V battery and would highly recommend with any of the Livescope units. The extra voltage is nice since these units can draw quite a bit. Russel Marine offers a glass screen protector for most the units. Cheap insurance to keep the screens from getting scratched.

Jackfish
    Wayzata, MN

I just pieced my livescope system together for the first time…had the 93sv on my boat for a couple years…ended up buying the 32 ducer and black box online for about $1100 this summer..put the Marcum lithium battery in and got the Garmin ice ducer pole setup used locally for $60 with a couple different mounts…$60 for a hard side case at harbor freight…they aren’t exactly compact but after my first use this last weekend sure are fun!

Attachments:
    1. 7655D002-1656-489A-AAC9-48C73AA6E26E-scaled.jpeg

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.