Garmin live scope

• Matt Johnston
    Pine city

Running a 18ah lithium battery from amped.got 7 hours of run time before it died. Normal? Running under 50 percent brightness also

Hey

Not normal. You should get around 10 minimum.

Make sure to to disconnect the neg and pos when not in use though. That’s probably what’s going on.

JoeMX1825
    MN

“hey” makes a good point, if it was connected all week in the garage and then taken out and it ran for only 7 hours that can make sense with the leech power draw of the black box all week, assuming you’re running an Echomap 93, if it was fully charged and then ran for only 7 hours at 50% brightness it’s likely a deteriorating battery…

TOM

What head unit are you running with livescope?

kayl

“hey” makes a good point, if it was connected all week in the garage and then taken out and it ran for only 7 hours that can make sense with the leech power draw of the black box all week, if it was fully charged and then ran for only 7 hours at 50% brightness it’s likely a deteriorating battery…

Yes, you need to make sure you don’t leave the black box connected.

Nodakk

There was a general rule of thumb from the Livescope Facebook group. People can correct me if I’m wrong but I thought it was 1.5ah per hour of run time.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    “hey” makes a good point, if it was connected all week in the garage and then taken out and it ran for only 7 hours that can make sense with the leech power draw of the black box all week, if it was fully charged and then ran for only 7 hours at 50% brightness it’s likely a deteriorating battery…

Yes, you need to make sure you don’t leave the black box connected.

its a very very low power draw if left connected, throw it on the charger for an hour before heading out will top your battery off…

Tlazer

I have the echomap 93 with my Livescope. I have them on the summit shuttle. Using normal brightness I have gotten over 15 hours run time and still had power left. Recharged after that so no idea how much longer I could have gone. I run the Amped 14.8V 32ah battery, and before recharging the unit said I still had 14.8V left. I have heard that the Livescope work better with higher voltage batteries.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I have the echomap 93 with my Livescope. I have them on the summit shuttle. Using normal brightness I have gotten over 15 hours run time and still had power left. Recharged after that so no idea how much longer I could have gone. I run the Amped 14.8V 32ah battery, and before recharging the unit said I still had 14.8V left. I have heard that the Livescope work better with higher voltage batteries.

Those are great batteries, i’m going back & forth on upgrading my Amped 18ah LifeP04 to a 19ah or 32ah NMC…I’d love the 1 pound savings of the 19ah with more runtime than the 18ah, but also like the never worry about running out of power aspect of the 32ah…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.