Garmin echomap 93 sv plus side imaging

NULL

I got a good deal on a garmin echomap 93 sv plus this past winter. I have used it enough times on rivers and lakes to wonder if my side imaging is working correctly or if my transducer mounted wrong or if my settings are wrong. I dont think I get a clear image of what’s to the side of me ever. While I do have some confidence in marking actual fish, im never seeing a distinct weedline or rock transition where I know there is one. Having trouble seeing shadows I think? Most of the time I’m fishing weeds but have fished a lot rock on the rivers. I have tried messing with contrast, brightness and scroll speed according to water clarity and speed of the boat.

I’m sure you guys have these things dialed in so what am I doing wrong? Anything would help because I got this unit specifically for side imaging and I’m not reaping the full benefits.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Can you post pics? I have a 93SV and the factory settings running on auto work great. I don’t mess with the thing at all.

Have you tried using it next to bridge pilings or docks….structure you know is there? That will tell you right away if something is wrong.

I’d restore to defaults and test. If it’s still not working it could be transducer placement.

Henpecked

Which transducer are you running? I was running a CV 52 and had trouble with weed line distinctions as well. Solid structure and bottom transitions were good, but weeds not so much. The GT transducers are much better.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Have you tried trimming up your motor? I found that in shallow water I need to trim up the motor or I don’t get image on that side, at least not clear image.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Have you tried trimming up your motor? I found that in shallow water I need to trim up the motor or I don’t get image on that side, at least not clear image.

This is likely the issue, but a picture of your SI ducer install would help folks diagnose…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.