Garmin echo map 93sv plus vs helix 9si mega g3n

• pepper08

Looking to up grade which one has better side imaging, and better lake maps

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m not sure about the helix. But the garmin is a sweet machine with awesome maps, the maps that come on it are great for most waters I fish. But a buddy of mine bought some chip and it’s great. I mean they are a mapping company and dominate the GPS world. There unit is very easy to use and I really like it.
    Again I have no personal use with a hummingbird, I had lowrance before

B-man

From what I’ve seen Humminbird’s Mega imaging is hard to beat.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Lakemaster mapping is also a plus and combined with AutoChart Live and MinnKota integration you have a pretty strong package.
    It would help if you’d put your location in your profile but I’d advise you to go to the Mpls. sport show and stop at the electronics booths. Tell them you want to see mapping of a lake you know and a specific piece of structure you know. Compare the different brands that way.

JoeMX1825
    MN

From everything i’ve looked at, the SI/DI images are pretty comparable but the Humminbird MEGA is better. In my opinion its tough to get better than Lakemaster maps.

The biggest advantage goes to Garmin and its ability to add Livescope or Panoptix to the unit.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

From everything i’ve looked at, the SI/DI images are pretty comparable but the Humminbird MEGA is better. In my opinion its tough to get better than Lakemaster maps.

The biggest advantage goes to Garmin and its ability to add Livescope or Panoptix to the unit.

I will have to look in to this mega

JoeMX1825
    MN

The difference between Mega imaging Gen2 & Gen3 isn’t worth the price uptick imo

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

Lakemaster mapping is also a plus and combined with AutoChart Live and MinnKota integration you have a pretty strong package.
    It would help if you’d put your location in your profile but I’d advise you to go to the Mpls. sport show and stop at the electronics booths. Tell them you want to see mapping of a lake you know and a specific piece of structure you know. Compare the different brands that way.

Garmin is no slouch either with QuickDraw Contours (make your own maps on a blank SD card), Livescope and of course Panoptix. They also recently acquired Navionics.

The Garmin 93sv plus is a touch screen.

The Helix is not. Also the over all physical size of a Helix 9 and 10 is ridiculous compared to the competition. They need to be made more compact (especially the 9″)

I heard that the Garmin 93sv plus (side Vu, down vu and touch screen) is supposed to go on sale today for $600 at Cabela’s.

If it’s true, that’s a smoking deal if you don’t want/need Mega on a Helix.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

On the Garmin isn`t the update for Panoptics live like $1500. I have run a Garmin 93 and Hbird Helix 12 Gen 1 the SI definitely goes to Hbird and to me SI is my most important tool on my boat besides my I-Pilot Link.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.