Garmin All Season Echomap Livescope Bundle

• vinella

https://www.scheels.com/p/garmin-all-season-echomap-livescope-bundle-fish-finder/42400001246.html?cgid=ice-fishing-fish-finders#start=1

This seems like a pretty good deal? My Livescope knowledge is pretty limited, but to me it seems like a good price considering it inlcudes the new Livesope Plus transducer (LVS34) and a 30 ah Amped lithium battery? I know some people prefer to piece them together so they aren’t stuck with the Garmin pole etc.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

It’s a good deal. The Garmin pole is usable. I’ve had my ice fishing bundle since 2020 and haven’t seen a big need to get a different pole. You’ll need an 8″ hole for the LVS34. I paid $2,499 with a lead acid battery and the LVS32 duper. This bundle has the boat transducer also. I use a Helix 12 on my boat at the helm and use the LiveScope on a separate pole mount for forward looking.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I too thought it was a good deal for the reasons you mentioned. Now if I could just convince the FW that I NEED it!

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

This would be my luck after I bought the them separate a few weeks ago from scheels. I should call and ask if they can exchange

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Joe, you need it. Yesterday my daughter and I were catching crappies and a few bluegill over a wintering hole on Minnetonka. Used the foreword view to find the fish, drive over to the school, then spot lock over them and use down view. Both of use could see both jigs and the fish. It helped us keep the jigs away from the smaller fish until the bigger ones got close enough to bite.
    I use it 75% of the time I fish whether to mark fish, fish the fish, or stay outside a weed line by X feet.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Does the new transducer not need the black box?

vinella

Does the new transducer not need the black box?

It still does. Just isn’t pictured for some reason. I confirmed with Scheels that it’s included.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Just be aware that 30AH LifeP04 battery is super heavy for your ice bundle…the 32AH NMC battery while more expensive, is considerebly lighter…if you don’t plan on long battery use, the 20AH LifeP04 battery is a great option (and alot cheaper)

vinella

Thanks for the heads up. I already have a 19ah NMC battery from Amped so if I do decide to pull the trigger I’d probably use that and sell the 30ah LiFePO4.

Cam White

Just be aware that 30AH LifeP04 battery is super heavy for your ice bundle…the 32AH NMC battery while more expensive, is considerebly lighter…if you don’t plan on long battery use, the 20AH LifeP04 battery is a great option (and alot cheaper)

2 pounds difference between the 30 and 32.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

What is everyone’s opinion on this unit versus Mega Live? I am just glad to see some prices starting to come down as I look to add this type of unit to the arsenal this next spring…

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I’m a Humminbird guy and am really impressed with the mega si. But, unless something changes I’d probably go with a Garmin LVS34. Haven’t used either so take it with a grain of salt, but do know guys with both. The only reason I’d go mega live is that I already have a screen for it.

The other thing I was going to point out on this Scheels deal is that while it is a good deal, you could do better building a system of your own with aftermarket shuttle and pole. Or homemade if handy enough. Especially if you didn’t need the high speed transducer and that big of a battery.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.