Garage heating – electric vs propane

• Deleted

What if it’s just winter ice and snow slop down the drain? Does it really still pose a risk? I’m asking because I don’t know. My neighbor has a 12”x 28” drain and he just cleans his drain out a couple times a year. I never have any oil or funk on my garage floor. Only thing down the drain would be water, etc…… still bad mojo?

sji

If you park any gas or diesel powered unit in the garage there is ALWAYS the potential of a leak.

sji

Sorry should add I’m not trying to tell anyone what to do just saying I wouldn’t. I’ve seen the end result, wasn’t pretty.

sji

Thinking about this perhaps we are not talking about the same thing. When you say floor drain do you mean a drain with a trap that is plumbed into a sewer or a hole cut into the floor that just collects water?

Deleted

sji

Just a hole in the floor to drain the excess water on the floor from the snow melting off the car, on the garage floor. Nothing but ice, snow & road salt should get in there. Then I’d have a removable grate to clean out any gunk a couple times a year.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

With the fan powered exhaust on these garage ceiling mounted furnaces with the elbow at the furnace, is it safe to say the elbow should be replaced every year or two . It seems like it’s a fire waiting to happen if it blows out . Just asking because that’s what I have .

Attachments:
    1. 0F36EBB8-B278-4DA3-886B-C4D0FE8E9E01.jpeg

Gary M

GINO

You need to replace elbow with a B vent “T” and on bottom of T is a cap you need to put on it

sji

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>sji wrote:</div>
    sji

Just a hole in the floor to drain the excess water on the floor from the snow melting off the car, on the garage floor. Nothing but ice, snow & road salt should get in there. Then I’d have a removable grate to clean out any gunk a couple times a year.

That would work fine. Myself I would put a plastic basket in as a liner. A sump pump basket size or so, would give you more time between cleaning. A good hydraulic cement seals around the opening. Nothing better on a bitter cold morning then a warm snow free truck.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

GINO

You need to replace elbow with a B vent “T” and on bottom of T is a cap you need to put on it

thanks I’ll have to check into that . Just started worrying about it lately, I’ve got a lot of stuff in there I’d hate to lose. Not to mention it’s attached to my house!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.