Garage Doors

• Walleye Hungry

In need of some new insulated garage doors as mine has seemed to rust from the inside out and is dropping of rust chunks every time I open and close the thing.

Does anyone have any strong recommendations good or bad on types of doors, styles, colors, installers in the north east metro, any other tidbits of information?

Simple google searches have left me with more options than i know what to do with and narrowing it down has been difficult

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

We put on Midland insulated garage doors on our current build. The main door is an 18′ x 8′ and the third stall is a 10′ x 8′. Their price tag is more than a Menards door or something of that quality, but it’s worth it in my opinion considering how often they function and how big of a PITA a poorly functioning garage door can be.

Hormann openers are nice. They’re so quiet that you can barely tell if they’re functioning or not.

We had a sub contractor who only deals with garage doors come install them. He assured us that if we had the slightest issue ever with the openers or doors, he’d be over to fix them. He also documents install dates and comes back at the 1 year mark to check things over and make any fine adjustments that may be needed.

***Be prepared to wait for good quality doors. Some have been delayed quite a bit

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Adynamic door company. It’s my uncles company and he does fantastic work.
    Lives in East bethel and goes all over.
    Dynamic Door Co, A Inc
    4588 194th Ave NE
    Wyoming, MN 55092
    Title: President
    Phone: (612) 418-3639

MX1825

Depending on what you order: size, style, color, you might have a long wait. Some doors are taking 6 months from order to delivery I’ve been told. whistling

Walleye Hungry

Bucky do you still have the sub contractor contact info?

Bearcat thanks for the input, i will give him a call.

Yeah i figured it would be six+ months but want to get them on order soon so they can be installed before too much snow…hopefully

iowa_josh

Lead times are down now but prices are up. Pretty every company makes a nice door if you can get through all of the sales speech to find it. The quality of labor varies wildly.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I do not know who would be the dealer in your area but “CHI” brand is great quality.

CHI

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If you call my uncle and either him or Korey answer tell them ronny sent you.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Bucky do you still have the sub contractor contact info?

Bearcat thanks for the input, i will give him a call.

Yeah i figured it would be six+ months but want to get them on order soon so they can be installed before too much snow…hopefully

Yes, but we are along Pool 4 between Lake City and Wabasha. It doesn’t sound like you’re close to our area. If you still want it shoot me a PM

stevenoak

Ordered CHI Monday. Said wait is down to 3 weeks. What my contractor has on his million $ house.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.