Gander outdoors

• nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Stopped at EP location to grab a reel. Lots of woman’s clearance shoes going on right now, and some men’s, all summer styles but pretty steep discounts. Fwiw

But more importantly picked up a quantum reel on sale, member discount bonus, and checkout lady says $8 for 2 yr plan anything goes wrong with it bring it in and we give you new one. Hecks yeah.

Goodbye reel issues.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

You by those warranty plans?
    Thats fine but for me if a product fails in two years that product name will not see my business again.
    Thanks for the heads up on the sales but 2 hours of driving amongst the traffic that surrounds those stores not worth a savings of a few bucks.
    Besides the one I checked out going out of town was understocked on everything. It was in the spring so maybe that store was not fully up and running yet.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I don’t seem to have luck with much of anything long term so yes, any warranty plans that I do buy have worken out really well.

Next time round, absolutely agree that reel company wont see me buying it again, but if I can get that replaced and have it last another year or so that’s a win in my book.

Fwiw, the Sahara I needed to replace and frozeup, I go to grab tonight and toss away, thing works smooth as ever now. Been reeling for 5min now and buttery smooth, yesterday couldn’t turn once. WTF

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Have you seen the gander outdoor gift cards on line? I keep seeing guys talking about them on facebook. Have seen them for $10 up to $25. Just copy the image of the gift card and its yours. On one it did say you needed to sign up for their club or something. Others just show the image at check out and you get it.

TheCrappieFisherman
    West Metro

Have you seen the gander outdoor gift cards on line? I keep seeing guys talking about them on facebook. Have seen them for $10 up to $25. Just copy the image of the gift card and its yours. On one it did say you needed to sign up for their club or something. Others just show the image at check out and you get it.

They work waytogo
    The $20 one expired Saturday, but here is a $10 example. There is screenshots of the $25 floating around the internet/fb..
    https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/coupons/10-gift-card.shtml?ranMID=38720&ranEAID=CY3NkS*Y9qw&ranSiteID=CY3NkS.Y9qw-xrQkfSUwQ7kviojIfUxqfA

wormdunker

Your problems started with “Quantum”.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Actually it started with pflueger(multiple fails), then Shimano(one fail), quantum will be tested next waytogo

And for $8 I got a working reel for 2 yrs no ?’s asked.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I used the $25 online gift card at the EP location today. They wouldn’t let me use it toward a tiller handle because apparently marine accessories are “price locked.” The answer from customer service was basically “we can’t make the computer make it work.”

I ended up paying .67 for 3 rapalas. Of course they had no colors/sizes I wanted but the price was right.

Their marine section is solid. Comparable to fleet farm I guess? Didn’t get into the rods and reels or clothing. Tackle I felt was thin but I feel that way almost everywhere.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Thanks for the laugh! jester The majority of my reels are Quantum since they introduced the PTi series. Prior was a lot of Tour Editions. Granted, I don’t buy entry level reels and I have a small fortune invested.. But after having about $8K invested in reels, I’ve sent back for repair only 3 or 4 Quantum reels in the last 20 years. Compared to all the other brands I own, this is by far the best success rate.

B-man

I used the $25 online gift card at the EP location today. They wouldn’t let me use it toward a tiller handle because apparently marine accessories are “price locked.” The answer from customer service was basically “we can’t make the computer make it work.”

I ended up paying .67 for 3 rapalas. Of course they had no colors/sizes I wanted but the price was right.

Their marine section is solid. Comparable to fleet farm I guess? Didn’t get into the rods and reels or clothing. Tackle I felt was thin but I feel that way almost everywhere.

Did you use the screenshot version??

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>pool2fool wrote:</div>

Did you use the screenshot version??

I just google image searched it and it came up. The image I found of the promotion was still being hosted on the gandermountain.com web server. Even though the page where they were running the promotion had been deleted, the images were left behind, and the coupon itself said “expires 9/30.” So, I printed it out and brought it in and they accepted it.

No guarantees it will work again. I’m no genius, I’m sure many others have done the same thing and I imagine the corporate office will put a block on that coupon code.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Just used one for 25 bucks today. Stuggled to find 25 dollars of stuff I wanted but got a fillet knife and bunch of bass jigs for free.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Beef jerky is what I got…..

Deleted

I dont knowingly shop in anti 2A stores.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I don’t seem to have luck with much of anything long term so yes, any warranty plans that I do buy have worken out really well.

Ha! I know that feeling on things all to well.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Just used one for 25 bucks today. Stuggled to find 25 dollars of stuff I wanted but got a fillet knife and bunch of bass jigs for free.

The stick bait collection was depleted. Be nice to see hutch jigs, Northland break on me come cold weather.

Not the greatest selection for sure, but like to have stores scattered around the metro to kill long lunch breaks

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Outta curiosity — Forest Lake store or…? Mine worked at EP, friend was denied at Lakeville. They told him it was “bogus” despite being printed from their own website with a 9/30 expiration date.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Yes. Forest lake.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.