Borderland Stompers!!

• arklite881south

Back from Camp, and had a great time with family and friends. We were fortunate enough to cross paths with some nice bucks!! I was able to bring down this Green scored 162 class 14 pointer while my good buddy Dave that hunts with me tagged this beautiful 140 class 10 pointer. Also shown is my buddy Josh’s awesome 24 point buck flat out loaded with stickers off his main beam close to the base!! As always It is a let down at the end of the Gun Season, but we had such an awesome time. Matching wits with these big woods stompers is something I look forward to all year.

Now lets form some ice!! All gears focused on hard water trophy hunting at the Daze Camp!!

Hope everyone had a safe, and enjoyable hunt this year!!

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Thsoe are all beauties!! Congrats

revermann
    Rice, MN

Great looking deer!!!

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

It’s not fair. Giant slab crappies trophy pike & walleye now monster bucks. I swear if you post pics of 50″ Muskies I’m comeing to live with you. Nice work Chris

z85chevy
    international falls, mn

hey chris….the pics dont quite do it justice!
    when you pulled away and the buck was laying flat in your truck bed the horns stuck over the top of your bed rails by a few inches….what was the inside spread on that monster!!! it had to look like a brushpile running through the woods!!! lol!!!

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

Nice deer indeed!

Good thing you let all those big walleyes go during the summer so you have extra cash for the taxidermist to mount these type of monsters.

Great job!

arklite881south

Quote:

It’s not fair. Giant slab crappies trophy pike & walleye now monster bucks. I swear if you post pics of 50″ Muskies I’m comeing to live with you. Nice work Chris

Pack your bags Tim!!

Outside spread of 22 1/4 (Outside to Outside) Oh by the way YOUNG DEER!! HOLY GENETIC MAKEUP BATMAN!! Pretty impressive young deer on a brush diet!!

Love hunting the northwoods!! Saw Moose, Pine Martens, Porcupine, grouse and a few nice deer too!! Oh…….NOT MANY HUNTERS EITHER!! Don’t be fooled though….Northwoods hunting is a different beast, and not for everyone. Kind of gets in your blood though!! Kind of like catching super freak fish!!

Yep…….Tough to CPR those big deer, but we sure let a lot of porker eyes fin away this year. HARDWATER………GOOD!!

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

Well if you can’t ice fish, better find some little thing to do. Great bucks!

arklite881south

Quote:

hey chris….the pics dont quite do it justice!
    when you pulled away and the buck was laying flat in your truck bed the horns stuck over the top of your bed rails by a few inches….what was the inside spread on that monster!!! it had to look like a brushpile running through the woods!!! lol!!!

LOL!! Thanks Phil!! I had to laugh when we saw the same thing. Rack over the box………GOOOOOOOOOD!!

I tell ya what though!!! Those bucks that my buddies Josh and Dave shot are truly special deer also!! Gotta love the Northwoods Chocolate Racks!! OK…..I’m getting ready for next year!!

Did your boy end up handing out a “Dirt Nap” to a deer this year??

cleanlivin

Hey……..Is that the legendary “Swanker” buck?
    Caped mine out today. Nothing beter than skinning a 1/2 frozen deer. If you get a chance, have the Queen e mail the pics of our bucks. The bar is definately set high for next year! My wife really likes the idea of hanging my mount at your place. Hah!

arklite881south

Was a great year buddy!!! I REALLY like the way your wife thinks You can come look at it anytime you like!!

Great deer Man!! Awesome TRICK shot also!!

I’ll email those pics to you right now!!

willhorgan
    USA

How long of a drive was it back from Iowa?

arklite881south

Nope I’m a Northwoods hunter. With that being said someday I’d love to hunt Iowa, and even MONTANA someday!!

Montucky

Its probably best if the likes of you and yours stay in Iowa, or other states that touch the Mississippi. We have reached our “Yay-who” quota years ago. No big mule deer or elk in this state. Nothing to see, move along people….

PS Montana’s bird hunting is the WORST!

arklite881south

I’m not buying it!! LOL!! I know what you have out there!! You boys have it pretty good!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.