44 days until IDO/RLHB Push off!!

• arklite881south

I am looking out at a fresh 7 inches of snow from our eagles nest here on Rainy Lake, yet in a mere 44 days anglers will point trucks NORTH on our big Houseboat excursion!!

Here is a starting “TACKLE LIST” you want in your tackle box for this trip!!

WALLEYES- Stickbaits; Floating raps size 13 assortment of colors along with X-raps, Husky Jerks and other suspending style presentations.

Slip bobber set ups. Don’t forget a simple slip bobber set up is not only fun, but extremely effective for shallow water Walleyes.

Jigs and Plastics. Much the same as we murdered the Rainy River Walleyes on plastics over the last couple weeks the pattern will transfer to the lake on this outing. Moxies, Pulse-R’s and Ring worms laced up in a 3/16 oz. H20 Precision jigs are DYNAMITE on shallow holding “Eyes”.

Spinner rigs allow anglers to search large spans of water quickly then anglers can transfer to jig and plastic or slip bobbers.

Pike—–Stickbaits, White “NOISE” spinners , and many topwater Musky presentations can CLOBBER these monster pike. Beyond that be ready to lose lots of Walleye gear to the Spotted Sharks!! BOW TO THE BEAST.

Smallmouth——I love topwater, so personally I’ll be stocked with Chuggers and Poppers and things of that variety. Still spinners and a variety of plastics thrown into nests will be deadly on monster “Bronzebacks”

Crappies—-Our beloved SLABS!! I like throwing a cork and Flu-Flu or smaller “Tube Jig” and work over the spawning grounds. Anglers can also slow roll spinners and even slow troll small minnow raps. BTW you’ll not only get after the slabs, but a nice mix of Walleyes and Pike……RUMOR HAS IT!!

General color selections. Remember Rainy lake has stained water. I like Gold, White, Chart/Orange and Oyster/Pro Blue patterns.

44 days and counting BOYS!! Lets start those houseboat engines!!

It is my understanding we have 1 boat still available!!

Again Billy and I will be giving a pre-launch seminar and make will be available for a question/answer session!!

BobO

We filled a fishing boat last Thursday. I think that was the last opening?

arklite881south

We still have one houseboat available Bob!! Can’t wait!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I have a boater looking for a non-boater to fish with on this trip. Here’s the details.

We have an angler booked to attend the spring Rainy Lake Houseboat Trip that is looking for a non-boater to fish with on this trip. Dates are May 30 – June 3. Here’s a link to more details on the trip if you’re not up to speed on the particulars >>> Rainy Lake Houseboat Trip

The angler’s name is Gary L. and is located in Woodbury, MN. Gary has a great fishing rig ready to make the trip. And, for what its worth, Gary has extensive fishing experience on Rainy with over 75 days spent on this great fishery.

Gary’s rig:

2009 175 Alumacraft Dominator with full windshield. Main motor is a Yamaha F150 Four stroke. Equipped with MinnKota 24V Ipilot and a pair of Lowrance HDS units.

If anyone’s interested in attending as a non-boater and make this trip with Gary let me know ASAP. Email or Private Message here on IDO preferred.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If you’re signed up to attend this trip OR if you’re interested in attending in the future and want to see how the planning is done, we have a private group that is a great source of info leading up to the various trips. Here’s the link to request access >>> http://www.idofishing.com/groups/join.php?gid=64

Come on over… all questions are welcomed as we’re counting down the days now!

Walleyeriz

Quote:

If you’re signed up to attend this trip OR if you’re interested in attending in the future and want to see how the planning is done, we have a private group that is a great source of info leading up to the various trips. Here’s the link to request access >>> http://www.idofishing.com/groups/join.php?gid=64

Come on over… all questions are welcomed as we’re counting down the days now!

I cant get in

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The link above is how you request access. Once access has been granted you can browse to the group forum using the nav-tabs at the top of the page below the ido logo. Click on “Groups.” All your groups will be listed.

Or simply use this link >>> http://www.idofishing.com/groups/view.php?gid=64

Walleyeriz

Quote:

The link above is how you request access. Once access has been granted you can browse to the group forum using the nav-tabs at the top of the page below the ido logo. Click on “Groups.” All your groups will be listed.

Or simply use this link >>> http://www.idofishing.com/groups/view.php?gid=64

This is what pops up when i trie to enter

Your membership to this group is still pending.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Sorry John. I don’t have a pending membership for you. All have been approved.

Just as a double check, please try again and let me know.

Walleyeriz

Tried to enter from the groups page and this came up

You are already a member of this group.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

John

You’re trying to access through the link to request member access. When I click on that I get the same message. To avoid confusion with the links, I’ll admit they do look similar, do this:

Top of the page, click on “Groups.” I’ve attached a photo to show you where. Do you see the 2012 Rainy Lake Member Group listed there after you click the Groups link?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Sorry John. Wish I could help. I’m out of ideas.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.