Its friday

• cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

wheres the snow? I have become spoiled dealing with blowing snow every friday all season long.
    Today my daughter melissa will be driving the red baron and riding shotgun will be my grandson Jacob.
    Jacob will be the 6th generation living here in waskish. Who knows he may be your guide someday.
    Having both trucks on the ice will be nice.
    Missy she hates being called melissa said she wanted to auger a hole so that will be entertaining as the auger with extension is taller then her.
    Once we get florida ready we will be off to prep old minnesota as Kellie, Jacob and I plan on fishing in it this weekend.
    The spot I moved to is a little further out .I told Kellie she now has a chance to land a elusive but still catchable upper red lake crappie. Her eyes sparkled as she fantasized of landing a 15 inch upper red lake crappie. It should be a fun evning as we are watching Jacob while Melissa/missymouse has to work. We will have dinner on the ice just not sure what I plan on making but leaning towards pizza. It takes a hour to make one of my home made pizzas and last time I tried to make one on the lake it was a dissaster.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

You still seeing a handful of those giant crappies each winter, cookie?

cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

I have heard of 25 total. That’s counting the one Utah caught and the one that got away. Rodgers has had a couple of pics and I heard kenny got 5 a couple of weeks ago. So there are a few still out there. A native said on another fishing site that they still get them on lower in the spring. So thats encuraging

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.