red lake 01- 7 tru 01- 9

• louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

[made it back from another wonderful trip up to redlake… fishing was more on the slow side but still managed to ice a few keepers.

dead sticking was the way to go .. plain red hook with a spitshot and bobber,using tail hooked fatheads did the trick. fish were holding really tight to the bottom… couldnt even mark them with the vexlar.

bait was about 3 inches off the bottom.. when fish did come up off bottom they would just sniff at the buckshot rattal spoon and go away.

along with the picks ….. here is a video of my buddy nick who was a newbie at ice fishing

my buddy john “cpred” this 30 inch pike.

all fish in pics were released…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqVAT1DdnG8

drew-evans
    rochester MN

nice fish and report

mduffy1969

Thinking of heading to Red some time soon but have not fished there before. Wondering what outfit you went with and any other info you are willing to divulge. Really nice fish in the pics. Looks like you had some fun in spite of a slow bite!

wally1992
    Evansville MN

Nice fish Louis. You sure get around with your fishing adventures.
    I usually always hook at least one hole with an upsidedown tailhook. Can’t say it works better than anything else, but the minnow sure works harder.

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Quote:

Thinking of heading to Red some time soon but have not fished there before. Wondering what outfit you went with and any other info you are willing to divulge. Really nice fish in the pics. Looks like you had some fun in spite of a slow bite!

i went out of waskish minnow station witn john , kelly and patsy patrawskie .. hillmans .. westwind .. and bearpaw are also a good choice of outfitters.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.