last week Aug 21 and 22nd

• cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

I had the pleasure of taking Preda and his wife Stacy fishing a week ago. I think if anything we got lucky as the weather was fairly calm and stable before they arrived.
    We sure enjoyed ourselfs as the first day the lake was allmost like glass. we managed to get 7 keepers with the biggest walleye 18 1/2. Throw in some fresh some water drum a couple of perch and we had a pretty good day. Day two was even better with another 18 1/2 and 8 more keepers. It was nice to see some quality fish over 16 instaed of a bunch of little scuffits.
    Since then the winds have again churned up the water and I have landed two small 14 inch walleyes. The freshwaterdrum have been on fire though and Joel took home 11 saturday for the fry pan. It was fun guiding him for sheephead and I think he would of taken 50 as we never let anyone go.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sounds like some good fishing Cookie.

cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

Wow what a beautiful morning. Its that time of year where Gary the farmer I work for starts caling. I should be fishing but Gary has work to do and scratching out a living up here means no fishing for me today. Yup just got the word hi ho hi ho its off to work I go. While I was cleaning up the boat last night I did have a line in the Tamarac river and had my minnow taken .Of course i was not paying attention so do not know what it was.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.