Filming idea…

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Any else here think it would a cool deal to put an IDO camera in the plow truck with Jonny P following a big storm to see what they go through to keep everything up and running? Some of the pics and stories I’ve heard about what goes on up there after a big storm sounds crazy and I know JP would keep things interesting from start to finish.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Sounds interesting In fact I’d volunteer for that trip

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Most ppl have no idea why they pay $10 for a road pass. When it gets down to it its a steal. I’ve got the winter off and would be glad to help out. -mark

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Camera good idea

mic bad idea

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Sign me up!

cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

I have seen how they drive and that camera better be made of iron . I have been hit twice with snow from a vplow.Once from behind that should of put me in the ditch in blue thunder .The second from my son John that took out my windshield. plus I can see jonny p mugging it up for the camera

big_g
    Isle, MN

Actually I believe he plows lake roads, on Upper Red. I don’t think he will blow you off the road with the spray I think it’s a cool idea James. I have seen first hand, alot that goes on, from making sure rental houses are warm and dry, drilled and cleaned, to clearing a “new” road to the latest hotspot. Lots of work and like said, it will make you appreciate, that your only handing $10 over to use the roads.

big G

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

I think its a great idea! I for one was one of those that gripped about paying $10 to get on a road back in the day. Now that I’ve seen part of what goes on to keep the roads open and everyone safe and comfortable, $10 is a steal.

Ice Road Lake Jonny! Sounds like a nice series….

Jami

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Quote:

Any else here think it would a cool deal to put an IDO camera in the plow truck with Jonny P…and I know JP would keep things interesting from start to finish.

You will have to ride with Kelly as he does the V-plowing and I just run trim plow. I’m like the guy that cleans up after the elephants. It’s my job to make the first cut throwing the first bank so the V’s can get to it without tossing snow both direction and then I clean up the corners, start stop points, move the heavy banks the V won’t touch and plow all the tight corners, around bridges, dig out houses, attempt to prevent anglers from playing chicken with the plows all while keeping my head on a swivel looking for incoming plows as I am normally working as they are going back and forth through my work area with the hammer down. Like a screwed up game of Frogger. V’s own the road and go up and down it in mile long stretches; I go back and forth across a 400 foot area two hundred times

Moving houses

Night Plowing

Blind as usual

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Quote:

Actually I believe he plows lake roads, on Upper Red. I don’t think he will blow you off the road with the spray

Oh yes we can. DOT plows throw crushed up fluff 80 degrees straight sideways at 20-25 MPH max. We throw hard pack snow, slush and large chunks of ice upwards and outwards at speeds up to and often exceeding 40 mph. I have seen the flume off of a V crush cabs, blow windshields out, destroy fish houses and do all sorts of damage that will make your head spin…yet people still try to sneak by them on the lake instead of waiting three minutes for them to pass.

I was driving the gray truck pictured above when I took a a very light hit on a corner, when the V had slowed down to half speed to turn. I though Buddy was going to go wide and Buddy thought I was going to go wide. Either way it took out the Windshield, mirrors, grill, radiator, headlights, stalled the truck and when the rearview mirror flew off it hit me and busted my sunglasses

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

It would make for great entertainment….with 2 conditions.

1. It’s uncensored
    2. I’m nowhere near the lake during filming.

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Any else here think it would a cool deal to put an IDO camera in the plow truck with Jonny P…and I know JP would keep things interesting from start to finish.

You will have to ride with Kelly as he does the V-plowing and I just run trim plow. I’m like the guy that cleans up after the elephants. It’s my job to make the first cut throwing the first bank so the V’s can get to it without tossing snow both direction and then I clean up the corners, start stop points, move the heavy banks the V won’t touch and plow all the tight corners, around bridges, dig out houses, attempt to prevent anglers from playing chicken with the plows all while keeping my head on a swivel looking for incoming plows as I am normally working as they are going back and forth through my work area with the hammer down. Like a screwed up game of Frogger. V’s own the road and go up and down it in mile long stretches; I go back and forth across a 400 foot area two hundred times

Moving houses

Night Plowing

Blind as usual

I think the camera defiantly needs to in the truck with Jonny. I for one can’t wait to see what happens!

goldy gopher
    Le Sueur, MN

Great idea!

I’ve seen Buddy and the Petrowske’s in action and it’s something to see. Definitely do not play “chicken” with these guys. You’ll come out on the short end of the stick.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

Crankin some Tool in the plow truck is as good as it gets!!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Short clips but some great footage Johnny

arklite881south

I think it would be very cool!! Is that all you got!! Scoffing at big snows, and spitting in the face of -39 temps. Gonna take more than that to keep Minnesota boys off the ice!!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Wisconsin boys as well…

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You guys need to send this to Mike Rowe at Dirty jobs. I could see him doing a show on this. Well at least after IDO gets the jump on it.

Would love to see this.

I heard the old rule of thumb was when the plow breaks threw the ice you hit the gas to get out. Not stop.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Great Idea!

shaky legs2

I have seen them in action many times and all I can say is that if they ever decide to mount a camera and make a video the “Deadliest Catch” better watch out. Can you imagine Kelly, Buddy, and Jonny starring in their own show?? Throw in Foster and his seal hunting escapades and you have a sure-fire emmy award. Throw in some shots from Hillman’s and the WestWind Bar and the stories Kelly could tell from the “Crappie Bonanza” days and you would have a captive audience. When does the first film shoot begin????

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

those are some great clips!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.