So how was it?

• jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Granted the bitter cold temps and less then desirable winds kept a few of us off the lake (myself included), but I was wwondering how was the fishing and conditions for those of you that did fight the nasty -15 below temps?

cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

I fished one hour and never marked a fish? One hole. It was just to cold to stand outside any longer then that. I heard of a new crack sat 1/2 mile out hopfully it pushed back together last night. Somone did land a 41 inch pike saturday morning though.

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Ya a few big pike showed up, seen a nice picture of 40″+ coming from 4′ of water. I better start doing some hard scouting for sleeper house placement and putting some walleyes on ice/in my tummy.

I’m headed out tomorrow sub zero or not, just glad I have that new Otter as the old house would never stand up to this cold like the Otter no matter how much heat I poured to it…so I guess I’m out of excuses for not being out there in the last couple days.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Looks like we’ll see a little “bump” in the temps thursday / friday when Joel and I come up to assist in The Great Pike Hunt – 09. Until then… go forth and find those swimming telephone poles with teeth for us. If they continue to stay hidden Joel and I should be on site by midday wednesday to lend a hand with the search.

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Oh trust me we are going to put your Solo to the test, I even found some sandy ice to drill.

(thats not a “whoot” smiley thats James drilling holes)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.