walleye report

• bearpawguides
    waskish,mn

With a few of days of fishing somewhat in front of my house I figured a couple more nights of cold weather should make things a a bite safer. so I decided it was time for me to venture a little bit more and try a small rock pile that usually produces for early ice. I followed the shore so if I did go down I’d only be in a couple feet of water and went straight west to my spot. I coaxed 5 walleyes to bite (only one keeper, the rest were too big), missed 2 and graphed a few more that would chase but wouldn’t commit. I switched lures throughout the time and never really found a presentation that really got them going. I stopped and checked the ice in multiple different spots and it was anywhere from 3.5” beneath a couple cracks to 5” on the bare ice(where I checked).

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Awesome! I’m jealous

seeds
    Bluff Country

I’ll be up Friday night Thanks for the report!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Nice.

So was this night fishing?

bearpawguides
    waskish,mn

I started packing up to leave around 6:30pm…

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

How far north are you? That just makes me jealous no fair

red89
    Hudson

Quote:

How far north are you? That just makes me jealous no fair

Upper Red Lake Forum….

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Nice job Tyler. After getting back from three straight days at the ice fishing show talking with hundreds if not thousands of energized ice anglers then spending yesterday putting together and customizing the New Otter house, sorting out the truck full of new gear, returning a string of emails and just answering all those rental/guide trip questions I ran out of time. But today I am making the run with the sled and most likely walking with ice cleats to points unknown…since Tyler beat me to “Rocket” while I was at the ice show. (Petrowske name for the rocks Tyler was fishing)

Nice eye Tyler.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.