Upper Red Lake Ice Rumor?

• Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Sounds like the big-lake is building good ice in parts. Won’t be long now at all. Jonny, you have a report for us?

Joel

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Joel it’s been like an hour1/2 and no reply from Jonny. I think he’s out drifting on a sheet of ice out there.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

If I know Jon, he’s going crazy by now and probably trying to invent a snowmobile/hydrofoil hybrid. If the clouds would clear up we’d get a good picture (from space) of what the ice conditions would look like.

If he is adrift, lets hope for a west-wind!

Joel

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Nobody breathe or sneeze! We have a very fragile covering of ice spanning across the north eastern corner and eastern edge of the lake out about two miles from what I can see with the spotting scope. The wind has already done some damage to it and piled it a bit but it is ice and if the wind stays down we will be fishing in no time.

And for those of you thinking you will be first on the ice the trophy is already gone. Buddy “The Bobber” Hillman walked out about a hundred yards today. Of course he got back and said “the water on top was thicker then the ice”. Gotta love Buddy , normally by now he is already a few miles out with his wheeler.

{Note from Jonny P: Buddy is freak of nature, part ocean seal to be exact. Do not even think of attempting to walk on the ice for awhile yet. Leave the testing to Buddy, the guy has four lives left and has an uncanny ability to find the open hole back out after he goes through}

Oh and I did breathe life back into the skippin sled and ran it around the farm a few laps on the new snow then skipped a few ditches to make sure she can still swim…so yes I was prepairing my doomsday ride.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.