URL Fishing Report

• Anonymous

Sounds like you guys had some fun! I suppose its tough not to have a smile on your face when you pull crappies like that through the hole!

Ron, How was the middle of the night bite? Were you able to get any sleep? How was the accomodations that you slept in there and who did you rent the house from?

Anonymous

Nice report, my lil’ lady and I made it up there last weekend for a similar trip(all night fishathon). I’ll try and attach a couple pics.

Kurt

Anonymous

We rented the house from Hudec’s. The house was very plain but very functional. The house had 4 fold down bunks that were sufficient in size but not padded very well so I’ll bring an extra pad next time. The heater worked well as long as you don’t turn is way down at night while your trying to sleep. We turned it so far down that our holes froze solid during the night. We fished untill around 11:00 or so with no fish marked after 9:30. We then set the lines and caught some shut-eye hoping to be woken by the sound of a rattle wheel or reel drag. Well nothing woke us up during the night and when we awoke at 5:30 in the morning we found that our holes were frozen solid and we had to chop them open. When we checked our lines we had lost 3 of 4 minnows so who knows what was playing with them. Next time we’ll set the heat a little higher…

Anonymous

ezhook, nice pic…
    How were you’re numbers? Did you catch anything during the night? In talking to a number of fisherman on the ice it sounded like the fishing was really spotty. In fact, one guy said he and his buddy were fishing in a shack and only one side of the shack caught fish. Even in shacks setup only a few away one shack would pound the fish and the other would only catch a couple. You would think that those big schools would be moving around so much that everyone would get the action.
    How were you’re accomidations? Where did you go out of?
    Zim

Anonymous

Zim,

We stayed in an overnighter of Kelly P’s out of the Waskish Minnow station. Nice shack. Kelly stopped by and was impressed with the cooler we had amassed by 8ish. We started at 6 pm. We let about one go for everyone we kept. The action was real sporadic. I had four within 10 mintues of driving up and then those holes pretty much went dead for a LONG time. Others caught fish pretty steady until 9ish and then it went pretty slow all through the night. Just enough to keep one interested, if you know what I mean. We ended up cleaning 22 and I’m sure we let(or they got away in the hole) about that many go back. Too fun to keep everything you catch. I’d like to see the slab crappies continue on URL. Hot glow red with a lively minnow was the ticket.

Kelly P goes out of Hillman’s and the shack we had was very large and nice.

Later……..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.