Shoal Lake ???

• Anonymous

Sean you ever get a chance to try this lake out. It is just North of Grand Rapids?? Steve

Anonymous

Nope, I have never been on it. There are just to many lakes around here.

wallygator
    cohasset mn.

steve where in the world would you have heard of shoal lake ? i have never fished it either but its only about 4 miles from my house you see thats just to darn close lol you gotta drive 30 – 50 miles for some reason ! what have you heard about shoal ?

Anonymous

I heard that is is a shallow lake with the deepest part around 8-10 feet. It
    is also prone to winter kill. It should carry a large amount of perch as they grow relatively
    fast when they are the main fish in a lake I think. If there is a winterkill the perch come back
    as one of the first fish and since they are one of the first fish back they get all the
    food. This is just my ideas but sometime I set around wth a map looking at all
    the lakes and sometimes one just looks like it should do good.I don’t know about access
    and I’m too far away for a road trip just to check. I would sure like to get on
    it sometime and see about the perch population. If there’s deep enough water to keep it from dying
    out a few years there ought to be some really nice perch there. You want to check it out and let me know. Steve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.