Saganaga Lake

• FishingJunky

Hey Guys, just wondering if anyone fishes Sag? If so, how have you been doing up there? Thanks, Junky……

Anonymous

Where is this lake? I fished one by thatsame name in Canada… several times.
    Hawger

FishingJunky

Hey Hawger. Sag is border waters of Minnesota and Ontario, located at the end of the Gunflint Trail out of Grand Marais, Mn. This has to be the same lake that you fished. I only fish the Minnesota side, but heard from several people that Canada side is better. Too stubborn to fish that side though due to the leech ban and all the permits needed. How did ya do when up there? Junky.

Anonymous

Got ya… yep… Rich “Smitty” Smith is the guru…. he’ll jump on here and fill you in… I remember hitting the walleyes in the Seagull River two weeks after opener one year… big time .
    Hawger

Anonymous

Hi Junky ! Wish I had more info for you but I haven’t been there for several years ! I stayed on the USA side one year, then found out how easy it was to stay on the Canadian side I went there two years . It isn’t a hassle, you just have to ask at the boarder check how it is done ! Both sides are as beautiful as the other, and the fishing is great on both sides! Go the extra mile and get a permit for entery, It is well worth your time ! So much to see to little time !!!

Good Luck !

Asst Pro Staff Director

Richard (Smitty)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.