zups point bay area

• shadrapla
    cambridge mn

how is fishing there crappies and walleye we will be there on oct 12 weekend it will be my first time to fishing there so can anyone give me fews tips like which lures bait and how deep thank you for reply

shadrapla
    cambridge mn

oops i forget to said it is at lake vermillion

Anonymous

I will be fishing out of Daisy Bay this weekend-I should have some info for you. Last I heard the water temp has dropped from 60-50 in the last week and a half.

I plan on jigging and rigging humps in Big Bay, Fraser Bay and Daisey Bay-concentrating on humps near deep water. Also-there is a great spot on the north side of Pine Island-not far from Sunset Island where lake narrows next to deep water that holds bigger fish in the spring and fall. Nights we will probably troll shap raps around Birch Point, Greenwood bay (weedlines) and some Big Bay humps.

I know that most of that water is a bit of a hike for you, but at least I will be able to tell you what kind of water we had success in.

Take care!

Anonymous

Vermilion was brutal last weekend. Cold, rainy, windy-tough fishing.

We were unable to find any serious numbers of fish, but the ones that we found were near deeper water adjacent to shallow bays. We caught fish at Evert’s bay, Caufield Bay and a deep narrow on the N Side of Pine Island just SW of Sunfish Island. One note-smaller jigs (1/8-1/4) outproduced the bigger ones. W/ all the wind, it was tough to vertically fish these effectively. We went to lindys and got more fish than on heavier jigs. Water temps were in the mid 50s and most fish we caught from 20-25′.

Good Luck!

shadrapla
    cambridge mn

thank you for info i will try by best and i will let you know after i get back from lake

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.