Rogers and Outdoor Authority

• matthewkolden

I think it’s always a good thing to pass some praise when praise is due.

This morning we woke up to extreme cold temps on the lake. We were about 1.5 miles out of Rogers resort in my private wheelhouse. Our regulator froze up and we lost heat. We were planning to leave sometime today anyway so we decided we would pack up right then and there. I went to start the truck and it wouldn’t go. originally thought it was the battery

We called up to the resort to see if anyone could come give us a hand. Danny from Outdoor Authority was the first to show up. We tried jumping the truck but that wasn’t the issue. It turned out the starter had died. Danny gave us a tow back to shore and helped unhook our battery to bring it inside and let it warm up while we called for a tow or service.

Danny had to run out to take care of some of his customers, so his partner Al drove me back out on the ice and hauled my wheelhouse off and brought it to a parking space for me.

Seeing as how I wasn’t a customer of theirs, I was thoroughly impressed they would help out to such a degree. We ended up getting ahold of Barneys Mobile Service who came out right away and got to work on the starter. He even sent his daughter all the way to Bemidji to pick the part up and he fixed it right in Rogers parking lot.

While it was being fixed Joani and the rest of the staff at Rogers were incredibly accommodating and friendly to my wife and sister who were patiently waiting while this all took place.

My buddy and I were able to get a first hand look at how Danny and Al run an outfitting business. We also had the opportunity to chat with both guys for quite awhile, learn a little about them, and learn how good of guys they are.

There were a handful of other guys who helped diagnose the truck issue and I feel so bad that I don’t remember their names, but I hope they know how much we appreciated their help.

All in all what I can say is I’ve unquestionably found my home on Red Lake and really look forward to giving Rogers and Outdoor Authority any business I can push their way, including my own. We are all so appreciative you guys all put in the effort you did to get us on the road and back home to pick up our son. I’ll be back up there in two weeks and am more excited than ever.

Thank you guys!

And Danny if you happen to see this, I have your orange wrench. I’ll bring it back to you!

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Sounds like quite the ordeal on a -25 degree night… Bravo to Outdoor Authority and Rogers!

I met Danny a year ago when James and I filmed out of Rogers. We’ve kept in touch and I have seen him go out of his way to help out friends of mine as well. That’s the kind of folks they are. Thanks for sharing!

Terry Heese

Good to see a post like yours, not your trouble but the help you rec’d.

If I ever get up that way I’ll make an effort to do some business with these people.

tr
    Plymouth

Great to see there are still some GOOD helpful people out there. Hope the trip turned out ok.

Hunting1
    Ellsworth wi

Great to hear there are still good people out there who are willing to help someone in need. I have been to Rogers a few times and always had a great time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.