Outdoor Authority early ice rental up date.

• ODA

Its almost that time of year again. We will be out there on safe walkable ice. Catching Upper Red Lake walleyes. Just like in years past we will be renting out our houses on shore and giving rides out on ATV and heated side by side for donations. If you rent a house from us or not. A Great way for you to get out on the early ice and not have to haul your wheeler up with you. The cost for renting a house is 25 a bed. Houses have 120v power to them, along with all the accommodations as if the houses were on the ice.

NEW for for this year is the Outdoor Authority Lodge 12×32 8 man sleeper. Which includes 50″ TV, option for satellite tv , cooktop, 120v lights, ceiling fan, 30,000 btu heater, steel gate to step out of the house on to. Separate heated out house and an open floor plan for gathering around the table and still fish.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the ice.
    Al and Dannie

ODA

Its still early and the ice changes its mind more than anyone I know. I am not saying the ice is safe or to even go out there, let alone if there will be any out there. However, if you need a place to lay your head down next week we will have the houses available to rent with the ice ready or not on Nov 25th and 26th break for Thanksgiving and then from Nov 29th on threw Feb.

justfishmn
    Pine City, Minnesota

Where are you guys located? I’m looking to fish red lakethe weekend of December4th or 13th.

ODA

We are located out of Rogers Resort on the south shore of Upper Red Lake. Today marks the journey of the the 12×32 up to red lake. Once its up there and on the ground Al and I will be venturing out onto the ice. With the plan of taking video, pictures and documenting everything so that everyone can see just exactly what is going on. Now remember thats the plan and we will see how it comes together.

ODA

The fishing started steady yesterday and stayed steady for most of the day. Lots of limits coming off the lake and also others that had their tails between their legs. Saturday as of 11:00am lots of happy customers with limits in their bucket. From what we are seeing the morning bite is the best bite with a nice steady bite the rest of the day. Red/pink and rattle is separating its self from the pack. Yesterday 7 FOW was the magic mark and today 8 and 9 FOW are heating up good. There was even a guy fishing 3′ down in 8 FOW with a gold hook, who caught two crappies.

We also have two man and three man houses on the lake this weekend. Unfortunately we are already booked for this weekend for them houses. Next weekend depending on the ice we are hoping to bring out a four man or two.

justfishmn
    Pine City, Minnesota

How much ice is on the lake now?

ODA

In most places 8 good inches of ice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.