Open water yet?

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Please keep us posted. Thanks.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

There better not be. I plan on getting in one more weekend of ice fishing about 100 miles South of there this weekend.

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

MN DNR SITE TODAY SHOWS SWAN, MADISON AND FARIBAULT AREA LAKES OPEN AND THAT IS PRETTY MUCH THE NORTHERN LIMIT. LOONS AND PELICANS REPORTED ON THOSE LAKES. DNR ALSO REPORTS PEPIN OPEN. WEEKEND REPORTS OF CONSIDERABLE ICE YET IN PORTIONS OF ST. CROIX RIVER, WHICH IS OPEN BAYPORT KING PLANT NORTH. THOUGHT I COULD SEE SOME TINY PONDING OR PERHAPS CREEK DRAINAGE ON NORTH SIDE OF MILLE LACS ON MODIS POLAR SATELITE. TWIN CITIES AREA LAKES INCLUDING MINNETONKA SHOWING WHITE YET. GREEN BAY STILL HALF OPEN. THE TAGGED/TRANSPONDER BRAINERD AREA LOON FROM MANTRAP LAKE HAS BEEN HOLDING ON OPEN LAKE MASON NEAR WI DELLS FOR ABOUT A WEEK. TRY DUKE FARMS EAGLE CAM FOR AN EXCITING TEN SECONDS WHEN HAWK CAME TO LUNCH.

mcrew
    zumbrota,mn

did every one from the url area go south to escape the winter ?

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Hello??? Anyone out there? Any update from anyone? I saw a picture on another site that showed a pretty good patch of open water in front of the Tamarack.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

come on up, I’ll show you where to go.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

The late ice novelty has worn off and I’m pissed we are missing this annual trip.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

us too, first time in 21 years. We are headed west. Open water as far as one can see and no crazy slots to deal with, also don’t have to play bumper boats and bumper cars to get there.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

glad your mind will be free of the complex math of those slots.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

why would one need to know math!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.