Red Lake Fishing report

• ejd

I was fishing on Red Lake from Wednesday 1/30 to Sunday 2/3 out of the southside. We found fish in 10-12 FOW. Walleyes were by far the most abundant fish caught, and it was certainly a deadstick or rattle reel bite. Similar to what others have written, I believe that jigging did bring fish into the area. A finesse presentation was essential for converting lookers to biters. We did see quite a few dinks but we did get some larger walleyes with our biggest being about 22″. Buckshot spoons, chubby darters, and even jigging raps were producers for the jigging rods. 1/16 to 1/8 ounnce were about right for us. Perch glow and glow red were better colors for the buckshot spoons. As far as live bait we were having success with shiners and small chubs. We were able to get into multiple species over our trip, including perch, northern, and some MONSTER crappies..which was nice to see. Even though the lake is already really good I feel that Red Lake is going to be one heck of a fishery in 3-5 years!

mar-80
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I was thinking the same thing. There are going to be some hogs coming out of Red soon.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.