trip on the 26th

• justfishmn
    Pine City, Minnesota

I was thinking about going up to red on the 26th and I have a 18ft ice castle 22ft with the V Dual hydraulic axle. I was wondering how much ice would be recommended for hauling this unit out? It approximately6000 lbs

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

What is the tow vehicle? That is where most of the weight comes from.

In addition I would call around up there.

Hillmans

Rogers

West Wind

JR’s

Google search will offer more results too.

That will be your best info.

I will be day trippin’ it up there on the 26th.

stevedobie
    Central, MN

We have a lodge that is a few feet longer and just as heavy. I pull it with a 2500hd desiel. We don’t go out unless there is a good 16 inches of good ice. Before this I use the 4 wheeler and a trailer I built for towing it out.

justfishmn
    Pine City, Minnesota

My tow vehicle is a half ton pickup

justfishmn
    Pine City, Minnesota

Well our trip went pretty well. We got out there wednesday morning around 10:00am and we caught our limit by 3:00 pm for the 4 four of us. So we filleted them up and ate them so we could continue to fish for the other two days that we were up there. The next two days I don’t know what happened but the fish just weren’t where we were. The second day we only caught two fish all day a perch and a northern. the third day was a little better but not much. We ended up taking 10 walleye home. Overall a great trip and a great Experience. Will be doing it again in a week or two. Good luck fishing everyone.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.