Red Lake Resort

• manselmo07
    Hudson WI

Never been to Red. What is a good place to stay? Hotel or sleeper. People typically give solid reccomendations on this website.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

West Wind is where we have been staying for years. Great lakeside cabins and awesome staff. Bait shop on site as well as a bar and restaurant. They also rent sleepers. Check em out West Wind

jake-bohnsack
    Wright County Area

I agree with West Wind. I have been going to Red Lake for the last 10 years or so and I have always done majority of my business with West Winds Resort.

1. They have a bar/food (although busy at times) and a breakfast buffet on the weekends. They will also fry up your fish with coleslaw and french fries for like $9.95 you determine how many fillets you want them to do etc. Last year we had them fry up a bunch of our walleyes and we picked it up and ate at a friends cabin.

2. They have a bait shop, propane fill station.
    3. A cleaning house that can be utilized if needed.
    4. Cabins on shore and some sleeper rentals, showers on shore if needed also.
    5. They always have a well marked road and take care of people if you need help out on the ice etc.

I know there are many other good resorts, however this one to me has all the amenities if needed. Hopefully the fish are biting and you do not want to stop and grab a bite to eat and watch a football or hockey game!

Good Luck fishing. Always nice to hear fishing reports in the bar also, have met many good guys up there.

Jake

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

i stayed at Mort’s, one of the oldest resort operations for nearly two weeks this summer and had not one complaint. Excellent service. Could not have been happier.

http://www.mortsdock.com/

You can also contact Cookie as he guides on Red Lake.

stevedobie
    Central, MN

We have gone out of Rodges with our own house a few times. ALL the guides work together. We have delt with Danny and he is very good from Outdoor Authorities with that said I don’t think Rodger would be behind anyone that is not good. Danny does have houses as well and will move them if the bite is no longer happening. Good luck and Good Fishing.

Hungee

Quote:

Has anyone stayed here?

http://www.redlakefishhouse.com

Sure did! This last weekend we stayed with Justin(Out of Rogers’) for Sat/Sun nights and slept in a wheelhouse on shore and used our portable during the day. Excellent service and clean and spacious houses to choose from and good prices! Ended up with 50 eyes with a 24″ being the biggest. Another party that went with Justin also did really good and stuck a 28″ and released it to swim another day. Would recommend if anyone is considering booking a trip! Thanks again Justin!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.