crappies

• broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

are there ay more up there? or it tons more work then it was a few years back? just curious.

thanks

cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

Last winter there were quite a few caught but nothing like it use to be. This spring early summer we boated 23 in two days. As far as Ice fishing you would have to really work for them,If I was going to go after them I would go 9 miles straight west then head north and work the 11 to 13 foot range

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

so the trip there in January would basically be straight walleyes and some norhterns? what about perch? or the crappies? just trying to justify a drive up there versus some other lakes closer to the cities. winnie ahs always been good to me. and Mille Lacs has definately been the dead sea especially in the winter. and what are teh slot sizes?

thanks

cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

The slot goes back to under 17 dec 1rst with 4 in possesion.I still feel your best chance at a bonus crappie is along the north shore in 12 feet of water. Were seeing some keeper perch every year.Jerry from rodgers said he saw quite a few crappies caught last winter but again they were a bonus fish with no limits coming in

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.