What to do in Waskish

• cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

Its all most that time of year to start picking blueberry’s.

With the new interpative center reopening once the state gets it $hit together they have a picture on the floor in the new building that is way cool to look at . It is a satalite image zoomed in of the area. They also have the old fire tower up and you can climb 100 feet into the air .It is one spectacular veiw.

We have a antique shop/gift shop Sandy”s .Its always fun to look at antiques. You fishermen can even stop in and buy the sweety a gift for letting you go fishing.

We have a beautiful ball field that hardly gets used. I like to go up there and hit golf balls. I even made a small tee box on the nw corner. Yesterday I repaired the basket ball backboard so the grand kids could shoot some hoops..

We have homestead park with picnic tables and play area for the kids. Plenty of shade trees and a fishing peer into the river.

We have two convenient stores for bait and snacks. Hillmens that has been here for years and north country food and fuel is going on 6 years.

Westwind is our premeir resort and offers camping,hook ups,bait shop,state of the art cleaning shack,safe harbor, good food. I like taking my fresh walleyes there as they do a fantastic job prepairing them. We have logging trails every where and its not uncommon to see a bear and on ocassion a moose. The grouse hunting is always good even when the population is down. The deer hunting can be tough as the woods up here are thick. Its still huntable once you get past the edges,or over the ditches. I have one area that I have never seen a hunter in that I would gladly turn on too a deer hunter or two. We also have timber wolfs running around the area which always make for a interesting hunt diffently keeps me on edge.

This year when the wind blows out of the west you can watch us get flooded as the river backs up and the waves crash into the shoreline destroying everything in its way. For some reason the corps has decided to raise the water level of the lake causing mass destruction.

On the windy days I have always been intriqued by island lake which is about 30 miles from here, near northome.

We also have the bog walk north of town which is worth walking atleast once.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Thanks for posting this! I have always wondered…I may have to spend some time up there chasing ole’ Mr. Ruff this fall! RR

cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

We have also been having a good time tubing with all the grand kids and swimming at the beach. Plus when the waves are crashing into shore its a blast to swim,play in them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.