upper red lake gets a flush

• cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

The high wind and high water has done quite a bit of shoreline damage, With miles apon miles of shoreline lost forever. But on a good note every piece of litter is now intangled in reeds on shore. Every golf ball I ever hit into the water is now somwhere on shore. Uncle Loyde and his crew staying at westwind ask me where all the golf balls came from. I have never thought of them as liter as there to fun to hit into the lake. Some how the water movement has sent many, many golf balls that way. I can not hit them a 1/4 mile.And do not hit them that way.
    Beach combing is on my list today and I will alos bring a bucket for liter but I expect that will be full in no time. Westwinds shoreline is littered with reeds,sand and litter.They have been busting butt cleaning it all up. I can not imagine how much sand has gotten deposited on shore. I did not have anythying to slow the water down from sloshing back and fourth so I did not get a nice sand beach while Henry got a nice little beach, Uncle Pete had installed tires down along there shoreline year ago.
    Anyone interested in beach combing should bring a bucket for litter. A walk along the eastern shorline and who knows what you will find ,Loyde’s nephew had found a half dozen lures as of yesterday.

cookie

beach combing was a bust as all the debri was 30 yards in the woods mixed in with the reeds. Its more like woods combing I did find a dog toy and filled 1 bucket of litter in the 20 yards I serched. Wow the destuction was unreal as ceder trees were uprooted from being washed out. I’ll keep spending time searching and picking up liter but its not on the beaches

mcrew
    zumbrota,mn

my parents cabin on the river got water inside, wondering if anybody got some pics

cookie

Kelly and jon posted some pics. Steel bridge road was under water by Sandy”s so I did not drive down there. What bums me is theres know way to stop the water from flooding every time the wind picks up.

mcrew
    zumbrota,mn

just wondering is the dam on lower red open,and do you know where they might have posted the pics

cookie

The pics are on another fishing forum?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.