Heading to Arnesens next week

• masonbrewer
    Eagan, MN

We are heading to Arnesens for the 1st time next week. This is my 2nd trip to LOW this year but 1st to Arnesens. I have been reading numerous posts as to what they are catching eyes on at this time. If anyone has any recent comments/suggestions from their stay at Arnesens I would love to hear it. Thanks in advance

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Arnesen’s is great! March is probably the best time of the year to hit that area of the lake. You should get plenty of walleyes and saugers as well as some huge perch. I usually fish with buckshot rattle spoons in gold and red colors. My brother is headed up there this weekend, so I’ll let you know how they do.

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

We were there Superbowl Sunday weekend it is an Awesome resort. Ask to have Dino as your bomber driver. He is great and will make sure you ore on fish. Be sure you slide him a few . We did catch a lot of fish and I am sure this time of year is even better. Buckshot spoons w/ whole minnows hooked thru the dorsal fin worked great. All of our big fish came on plain red hooks under a bobber. I am sure you will have a blast. My 8 year old caught his personal best 29″

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhSoesO4BRs&feature=email

Have Fun

John

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Stop in a local baitshop and ask them what’s hot.
    My tip-rattlin Canadian Stop Sign. Dont laugh. BUY.

masonbrewer
    Eagan, MN

My brother is headed up there this weekend, so I’ll let you know how they do.

Did your brother have a successful trip to LOW? Would love to hear some details.

chriswallace
    Andover, MN

Here is an ishy post from up there….

I just returned from a 3 night 2 day fishing trip to Arnesen’s on LOW with 7 other guys and to put it bluntly, it sucked.
    The guy checking us in seemed irritated I was asking him questions about how things worked for getting fish houses the next day and didn’t give info freely. The house we stayed in (nothing like the ones they show on their web site) had stairs that were so narrow and steep that a couple of the older guys had trouble getting up and down them.
    The first day of fishing they stuck us on an area (12 mile reef) that hadn’t been producing fish for 2 or 3 weeks (that was from our driver as he brought us back in) because the mud flat houses were full. Holding true to the last few weeks, we went home that night with only 4 small saugers, 2 walleye, 1 perch, and 2 pout for 8 guys. 10 other small fish were released. You’d think they’d pull some more houses onto the flats if that’s where the fish are.
    The second day of fishing didn’t get going until 8:30 AM as we had to wait for a ride out to the mud flat houses. Fishing was better with a lot of small saugers caught but at least there was something to do. When they came to pick us up at 6 PM that night (right when the bite was getting hot) the guy flung the door open and said “let’s go, hurry up”.
    Dinner that night was the last straw. 6 of the 7 guys ordered ribeye steaks and 4 of them should have been thrown in the garbage because they had so much fat on them. One guy’s potato, another guy’s milk, and another guy’s appetizer didn’t come until the end of their meal and another guy never got his tarter sauce for the shrimp.
    The package cost each guy $370 which was overpriced for what we got. We could have gone to Zippel Bay (our usual resort) just about two times for what we paid at Arnesen’s and had in my opinion, better accommodations and better fishing. And not catching fish because they aren’t biting is one thing but getting put somewhere they know there aren’t fish is another. After reading all the reports on LSF and hearing stories about how great Arnesen’s is, I was really excited to go. Maybe I expected too much but we will never go back to Arnesen’s.
    We ended up keeping 40 walleye/sauger between 13” – 18” with most about 13”, 6 perch, 3 tulibee, 2 pout, and a 21” northern in 2 days of fishing. Biggest fish caught was 20.25”.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.