Lake of The Woods

• love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Hello Everyone,

Heading to Lake of the Woods Superbowl Sunday Weekend on the annual “Father Son Trip”. Anyone been up there lately? My guess is the fish were pretty tight lipped thru the cold snap. Hopefully this warmer more stable air will get them moving.

Thanks in advance for the help

John

thegun
    mn

well last week my father-inlaw was up on the west end and they did very very well on numbers of saug and some nice walleyes! they did not get any piggies but constant fish all day! with several low end slot fish! my neighbor was up and went out near the river and did very good as well!

LeonHoule
    Minnesota

I was up on LOTW on Wednesday and Thursday last week during the cold snap. It was a good bite for us with 30 to 40 walleye on Wednesday in 17 FOW and 30-40 walleye and sauger on Thursday in 22 FOW. The key to it, was to use small #6 crappie jigs with live fathead minnows on bobbers 6″ off the bottom. When they came in they bite. We used jigging spoons, but had little success. We went out of Zipple Bay!! Good Luck

love2fish

We are going out of a resort on the West side. Sounds like we will have some good fishin. Thanks for the advice on the small jigs. We will definately give that a shot.

John

whittsend

I should clarify my “tight lipped” statement.. It was slow for our expecations and what they normally catch at the angle…. We still caught over 100 fish for the two day trip, so maybe thats not really that bad… biggest was a 25 incher with multiple fish over 20 inches.

love2fish

Sounds like a great trip Whit. My trip is 4 guys with ours son’s (7-12 years of age) we like the fast action. Keeps the urchins from getting bored. Last year my son who was 6 at the time and all of 33 inches tall landed a 28 incher all by himself. It was a proud moment and he was the star of the resort. All the old timers heard about it and he pretty much had all the ice cream he could eat for the next two days compliments of all the other guests at the resort. We are relly looking forward to another good time.

John

whittsend

Where are you staying / what resort???

Best of luck when you get there, it certainly helps keeping the kids interested with faster action…

Our group’s kids (Mostly all sons) are a touch young to head up that way yet, but in 5 or 6 years it should be a blast taking them up and getting them on fish…

Very cool getting your kids up to God’s country.

machine

Did well last weekend. We were deeper. The fish were very tight lipped, but seemed to bight mid-day. jigging only induced the aggressive fish, which were few and far between.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.